News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TSOY] Secret of the Berserker?

Started by James_Nostack, March 23, 2005, 10:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James_Nostack

How would one model a berzerker rage type of ability in TSOY?  I figure whatever it was, would either convert your Reason points to bonus dice for fightin', or else cost a lot of Reason points to activate... but other than that I am drawing a blank.
--Stack

sirogit

Here's how I'd do the ability:

"Pay 2 Instinct + 2 Vigor to go into a Bezerker Rage. All attacks by the character during Bringing Down the Pain in combat do damage to EVERYONE involved(Including yourself) even if resisted successfully. The character is at a -2 penalty to mental tasks such as thought and perception not related to immediately killing things, and +2 to Resist a persuasion against killing things.

Ron Edwards

Buying it off: "Kill a friend."

Best,
Ron

sirogit

Like most Secrets, I'd tailor it to be applicable to out of physical-combat stuff to, becasue that's one of my favorite parts of TSOY and, well, I know a lot of people like that in real life.

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Ron EdwardsBuying it off: "Kill a friend."

Woah.  Time to change my shorts.  That was cool.

Not only totally in line with fiction, but even the classic D&D players who played with "The Berserker" will instantly Get It.
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.