News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorceror and Space

Started by Balbinus, March 11, 2002, 07:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balbinus

Well, while I had thought that the various mini-supplements were of little interest to me, good as they are (I like making my own stuff up too much generally to want someone else's) I saw in the back of my new copy of Soul the above mini by Mike Holmes.

Any news on it?  This sounds very interesting, the definition of Humanity appeals to me greatly.  What's the lowdown on it?
AKA max

Ron Edwards

Hey Max,

Count me in as one of the expectant readers. The first draft of 'Space that Mike sent me was excellent. I sent it back (eventually) with lots of suggestions - the mini-supplement authors seem to be agreed that I take an active hand in the process - but Mike's been busy with trivia like child-rearing and his own game. One of these days I expect he'll realize where the real priorities are ...

Mike, any teaser text you want to contribute?

Best,
Ron

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Ron Edwards
Mike, any teaser text you want to contribute?

Priorities like Child Rearing? Who's the number two poster here, after you, Ron? I can only hope my child forgives me for the transgressions of neglect that I foist upon him.  ;-)

And I hope that Ralph is still talking to me.

Thanks for the kind words, however, your support has been exceptional on this project.

Anyhow, Sorcerer and Space is very much on it's way to being complete. At this point, I am happy with my concept and Ron's advice, and all that remains is to add a little missing flesh, really. I had taken a break from it, but I'm now very much looking forward to finishing it off.

What's it about? I think Ron nailed it in his blurb in the back of Sorcerer and Soul. Sorcerers (and the rest of humanity as well) travel out to the stars to come faace to face with the basic cosmology of the universe. Only to find that all that exists is a gaping, horrifically meaningless, void. Humanity is the attempt to define meaning for oneself in such a cosmos. A humanity of zero means the complete inability to care about anything, even oneself.

Oh, and there is more than a touch of Anime in the setting. And a few other treats that I just can't divulge, yet. But with any luck, you'll be able to see for yourself by GenCon.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

hardcoremoose

QuoteBut with any luck, you'll be able to see for yourself by GenCon.

We damn well better.  ;)

I mean, I wouldn't want to have to subject you to another of my Sorcerer games.

- Scott

Mike Holmes

Quote from: hardcoremoose
I mean, I wouldn't want to have to subject you to another of my Sorcerer games.

Yes, anything but that. Actually I blame Ron for that, being as he was the one who developed the whole relationship map that just begged for evilness...

I'll have a demo for play at the Con for certain.  :-)

Mike

Ron Edwards

All relationship maps beg for evilness.

He said, smiling gently.

Best,
Ron

Bailywolf

So, humanity is a struggle for meaning in a meaningless universe (please forgive the gross paraphrase)... so what are the Demons?  Are they still occult creatures, or more metaphores?  High tech gear? Space ships?

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Bailywolfso what are the Demons?  Are they still occult creatures, or more metaphores?  High tech gear? Space ships?

Now, see, like I said above, I have to keep a few surprises. I will probably be needing a few good playtesters at some point soon, however...

Keep your eyes on this space.

Mike