News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Newest With Great Power... Logo is up

Started by Michael S. Miller, March 30, 2005, 07:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael S. Miller

AFter far too long in development, With Great Power... finally has a title with great pizzazz. Check it out. Any comments are welcome.

Many thanks to Luke Crane, Keith Senkowski, Jared Sorensen, Kat Miller, Michele Mishko and others who helped me put together this striking logo.

Now, back to writing the darn game...
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Jared A. Sorensen

Okay, now I gotta say it for trooth: the dots? They suck. I GET what they mean...but it's completely unnecessary.

The rest of the logo is pretty good. Thumbs-up.

BUT WHY FOR NO ANTI-ALIASING?
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Matt Snyder

Yeah, what Jared said. The link you provide has that gif resized by HTML, so it's going to look even more jagged. But, I downloaded it an checked it in  Photoshop. Still pretty jagged. What did you use to create this? No anti-aliasing = no soft, crisp edges. Any ideas how to tweak?
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Michael S. Miller

NOTE TO SELF: Never export something from CorelDRAW in a big hurry. You're sure to do it wrong.

Thanks for the catch, guys. I'll re-export this evening and clean it up.

Michael S. Miller

Okay, I've re-exported it with anti-aliasing ON this time. This should look spiffy now. Even with the dots. If I had a dime for every game designer that hates those dots...

gorckat

wow, that is sweet looking now :)

and since i'm not a designer, since i have not completed any designs, do i have to send a quarter about those dots?

seriously, about the dots: did you try spacing them a little?  right now they look kinda like a necklace or something, or maybe put your initials in them?
Cheers
Brian
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us."    — Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson).