News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Total Victory

Started by Gethyn, April 01, 2005, 03:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gethyn

Hi

We were talking over here about (amongst other things) single-die rolls and a few effects of different dice combinations during conflicts. As an aside, Ron mentioned Total Victories and how that was a cool side-effect of rolling a single die in a conflict.

Rather than muddy the waters in the other thread, I thought I'd set up a new one to ask this:

What does a Total Victory actual manifest as in the game?

I mean I think I understand the idea OK - you just *totally* won - but I'm a little hazy about what some good examples of a Total Victory would be.

What sets a Total Victory aside from just Handing Someone Their Butt during a normal sequence of good results, say?

Cheers

G

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Total Victory is pure Color. It has no mechanical effect whatsoever. Just think of the sound effect being especially loud, or the camera angle being especially good.

It may have special tactical, dramatic, or thematic content, depending on how the group feels about that particular conflict, those particular characters, and that particular action.

But then again, the above paragraph applies to the narration of any roll's effects in Sorcerer anyway.

Best,
Ron