News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GenCon lodging?

Started by btrc, March 26, 2005, 06:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btrc

Do we have any info on GenCon lodging yet? I waited until this long last year and ended up spending $150 per night on a room, which I only managed to afford by sharing it with a few other people. Would just as soon get a reasonable room rate this time, but am still amenable to sharing (or getting in on someone else's room).

Greg Porter
BTRC

Matt Gwinn

Hotels filled up pretty quick.  If you want to spend less than $150 a night you will probably have to stay someplace a couple miles from downtown.

I registered for my room on the second day and still couldn't get the room I wanted.

,Matt Gwinn
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Ron Edwards

Hello,

As soon as the primary sponsors' applications are all in to me, then I send in our joint application. Relatively quickly, as I recall, they'll send us all the little hotel code which gives us access to the spiffy/close rooms.

I can't vouch for how cheap it is, but it does function like they say it does.

Primary sponsors this year = Half Meme Press, Lumpley Games, BTRC, Burning Wheel, Adept Press

Best,
Ron

daMoose_Neo

Bah, wish I could remember the name of the place, but there is a place reletively close GC had roped off for exhibitors just down the street, near the back parking. Met up with some folks from the Art exhibit last year and they were staying there for around $45/50 a night.
Or, as I've done for the past few years, theres a Motel6 right near the airport (all of 5 minutes away) for about $40-50 a night.
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Nev the Deranged

Since I'm not certain the friends I roomed with last year will be coming this year, I am up for splitting a room with someone(s). Also I may have a passenger seat available for the trip from Chicagoland. Unfortunately if last year is any guide, my friends will wait until the last minute again =/

Obviously, the cheaper the room the better.