Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 10:50:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 74 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: So... Which upcoming games are you looking forward to?  (Read 2929 times)
Andy Kitkowski

I LIKE GAMES

« on: April 04, 2005, 06:50:31 PM »

I gotta say, Ben L's a friend and all, but his Polaris sounds really interesting.  I'm hoping that I get a chance to pick it up and play it this year (there's a 70% chance I'll be at GenCon for a few days).

I'm also really looking forward to Weapons of the Gods by EOS Press (Brad Elliot's biz).  Some people remark that the setting is written by Rebecca Bergstrom- Personally, I make very little time for setting-reading (as I find it detracts from the actual gaming), but I'm definitely in it for the interesting rules-set, and the "seeped in Chinese-ness" of it (I read just a little of the original Manwa).

Those, as well as the finished With Great Power, are the ones that I've got my Money Ninjas scouting.

I should also mention Burning Wheel revised, but it's almost like a no-brainer.  I already have one copy reserved, and will be reserving a second soon.

-Andy

The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.
Judd

Please call me Judd.

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 07:03:31 PM »

Andy,

You are reading my mind.

I'm already planning my Burning Wheel campaign for when the revised edition gets to my door.  I ended up buying four damned copies.  Two are for friends who always get me fantastic gifts and I feel like I have not reciprocated properly over the years.  I ran Burning Wheel for them some months ago and they flipped for it.  So I ordered them both copies.  The fourth copy is for a kid I used to work with in a mentoring program who I finally got to run in a game and it was a BW two-shot.  He also loved the system and so I picked him up a copy too, since he just recently began to hold down his own job and kick ass in his life.

Polaris looks really interesting.

And Weapons of the Gods indeed does look like a blast.

Andrew Morris

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 08:05:20 PM »

I don't know when to expect to see them finished, but I'm looking forward to final versions of Mountain Witch, Scarlet Wake, and Ganakagok.

Download: Unistat
Valamir

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 08:13:04 PM »

Well I've been looking forward to Robots & Rapiers as soon as that Mazza cocksucker gets off his ass and finishes it...god I hate that guy....

....Shit...who let Other Me into the Birthday forum.  Can we get him banned or something...

Bite me.

joshua neff

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 08:48:50 PM »

I'm looking forward to the all-pro release of The Mountain Witch and...um...

Damn, I'm not sure I'm really looking forward to anything else. Mostly, I'm looking forward to playing all of the games I've accumulated and not played enough of. I want to play more Dogs in the Vineyard, more Shadow of Yesterday, more Sorcerer, more HeroQuest, Primetime Adventures, My Life With Master, etc.

Oh, I'm looking forward to Burning Wheel Revised, too.

--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes
Ben Lehman

Blissed

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 09:09:58 PM »

Apparently The Mountain Witch kicks booty.  So I'll definitely be checking that out.

I'm also looking forward to Emily's three short games about the human heart, 'cause I can play them with my mom.  Don't look at me like that!

If Red Sky AM can deliver on half of its promises, it will be awesome.

PrimeTime Adventures second edition will, perhaps, be my ultimate game.

yrs--
--Ben

Bankuei
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 11:26:12 PM »

Definitely looking forward to any the of the Japanese stuff you're working on Andy!  That aside, there was a D20 game supposed to be based on the Streetfighter, Rival Schools and Dark Stalkers games that seems to be on indefinite hold...  I guess BW 2.0 will be the next step :)

Chris
Judd

Please call me Judd.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 11:30:36 PM »

Quote from: Ben Lehman
Apparently The Mountain Witch kicks booty.  So I'll definitely be checking that out.

Man, Mountain Witch, can't believe I left that off of my list.  Absolutely.

Tobias

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 12:02:34 AM »

I'm real conflicted about Burning Wheel. It reads great, the Orcs rock my world (always rooting for the underdog, even if he's evil) - but I'll likely never get around to playing it. So it would be one of those solitary read shelf-sitters.

If ever a group of friends starts up with an RPG-wish with that level of detail and fantasy and combat, I'm all for it, though!

Tobias op den Brouw

- DitV misses dead gods in Augurann
- My GroupDesign .pdf.
Andy Kitkowski

I LIKE GAMES

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 04:49:06 AM »

Quote from: Bankuei
Definitely looking forward to any the of the Japanese stuff you're working on Andy!

Hah, thanks Chris!

Actually, I'll have a playable demo of Tenra Bansho Zero by GenCon, if you (or anyone else) will be there...

The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.
MPOSullivan

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Quote from: Andy Kitkowski

Actually, I'll have a playable demo of Tenra Bansho Zero by GenCon, if you (or anyone else) will be there...

damn it to fuck!  this is what i get for licing in the pacific ocean somewhere.  ;-)

hope the gencon demos go well.  

and i gues my latest "wants" are BW2, which looks sweet. Mountain Witch also looks really good, and i have to support my fellow 24-hour RPG publishers.  (plug: Criminal Element is going into beta soon, i swear!)   Cyberpunk 203X ( i cut my teeth on CP, so i will follow it blindly).  and probably Weapon of the Gods as Rebecca is a great writer and i just enoy reading her words.  

Oh, and Buffy2.  damn you unisystem for making me have so much fun with a game that wasn't made by some indie underdog!

Michael P. O'Sullivan
--------------------------------------------
Criminal Element
Desperate People, Desperate Deeds
available at Fullmotor Productions
Rich Forest

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 05:52:24 AM »

Everything.

But mostly the final copy BW2. Because I've seen it and it fits my needs in a way that no other FRPG even comes close to.

Rich
Eero Tuovinen
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 06:04:14 AM »

I'm almost a rpg junkie. I read them, buy them, sell them, play them, write about them... consequently, I want to see them all. I want to see Polaris finished, I want to see Mountain Witch, I want to see the next lumpley game and that non-rpg Ron is writing, as well as Trollbabe in book form. BW2, too. Actually, it's easier to try to think of a game I'm not interested in seeing... those'd be all the sim-template mainstream games. It's got so bad that I don't generally care one whit about WW/WotC/GoO/Chaosium/ICE/whatever publications, because they'll be near unplayable and extremely uninspiring anyway. Don't want them.

One thing not yet mentioned: I want to see Jonathan Walton finish those games. He has all kinds of kewl stuff he's hiding from us, starting with Vespertine and ending with Humble Mythologies.

Another game I want to see most of all: I want to see myself writing like mad and publishing in finished form all my own designs. I have the same problem Jonathan has, all kinds of nice games languishing unpublished. I want to publish Merchants of Love, a game of fantasy prostitution, and Urbs Aeterna, the game of learning latin, and the Christmas Game, a board-game simple rpg for the whole family, and some of those IGC games I wrote last year, and all those other things that are quite play-testable, but not yet quite done. Compared to how much I want to see these published, I care not one whit about you all. In a nice way, of course.

Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.
DevP

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 06:04:40 AM »

Gonna buy a few copies of Red Sky AM, or at least donate to Vincent's kid's college fund.

Gonna buy Polaris.

I would totally buy Limitless.

You all want some of Secret Project GnR, but you don't know what it is yet. Too bad, that.

Shreyas Sampat

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 06:23:06 AM »

Yeah, um, Polaris. That's about it.

I want to get one of Em's designs, but not any of her games to make you cry. Totally not interested in crying, me.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: