News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

'Gates of Hell'

Started by Gethyn, April 05, 2005, 03:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gethyn

First off, know that this is probably entirely trivial and I'm not sure if it's contributing anything, but it amused me and I felt I should share.

So there I was in a Microsoft programming course today and inevitably my mind starts to wander. The result?
I give you...Bill Gates' demon:

Name: Emmess
Desire: Uniformity
Need: Frustration
Abilities: Boost Cover (manifests as increased productivity); Confuse; Daze; Taint; Big; Psychic Force

I'm new to demon construction, but how am I doing?
(In that sense, it's sort of a serious post, I suppose.)

Obviously, a part of me wants it to become some kind of forum game here... :)

Anyone got a better spin on the Demon Windows?
Anyone want to do WalMart or McDonalds? ;)

G

gorckat

hehe- i'll bite

Sam Walton's Demon (current master unkown)

Name: Mr. Smiley
Type: Inconspicuous (manifests as leaping smiley face reducing prices)
Desire: Ubiquity
Need: Binding, unfulfillable, unfair copntracts with vendors
Abilities: Cloak, Taint, Daze, Confuse, Boost: Will, Special Damage (non-lethal): compulsion to buy (reduced Will), Warp (used to manipulate store geography), Perception: community psyche (used to infiltrate obstuctionist towns)

i thinkthe only thing you forgot Geth, aside from numerical stats, was the type
Cheers
Brian
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us."    — Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson).

Gethyn

QuoteName: Mr. Smiley...
Hah! Nice one.

I wasn't worrying about the numbers - I figured the real juice was in the abilities and the need/desire stuff.

And Type, of course - good point.
Emess has got to be a Posessor, I'd have thought, although I'm sure arguments could be made for other types too...
Only question is, does it Spawn and possess the PC, the user, or has it simply possessed Bill himself..?

Hm. I feel the need for more. How about:

Name: Barney
Type: Possesser
Desire: Hyperactivity
Need: Simulated Positive Emotion
Abilities: Perception + Cloak (appears to be a harmless, lovable purple Dinosaur); Special Damage (non-lethal) causes Stress Headaches and nausea in adults); Daze; Spawn + Hop (infects as many susceptible hosts with its Need and Desire as possbile); Boost Overexcitability in small children

I'm scaring myself now.

G