News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Tony's Wish Fullfillment

Started by Andrew Cooper, April 07, 2005, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Cooper

I'd like to co-write a game with an experienced designer.

You pick the game.  You provide artistic direction.  You boss me around unmercifully (I'm ex-military.  I like that.).

I get mentored in the art of game design.  I get valuable experience.  Plus, I get mentioned in the credits with a known designer.  How cool is that?

I've been interested in the design process for a while but have been stymied on how to actually start.  Having someone who actually knows what they are doing say "Here's the idea.  Here's the goal.  Here's the process.  Go do something and bring it back to me." would be a great learning experience.

TonyLB

Okay, I'm already in negotiations with somebody who PMed me with exactly the same request, and I really don't want to either be greedy or to stretch myself too thin.  So I'm going to throw this wide open to other game designers who I think, frankly, should jump on this like a shot.

But if people are scared of the new and untried (the idea, not you) and you don't get any responses in a little while then I'll pull something off my back burners and get back to you.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Brennan Taylor

I'm interested, Gaerik. I sent an e-mail.

Andrew Cooper

I responded via email too.  Let me know if you don't get it.