News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Donjon Characters & Monsters

Started by Bailywolf, February 27, 2002, 03:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bailywolf

Hey, everyone who has had a chance to play Donjon, please post some characters in this thread.  I haven't played it, but would love to see what others have done.

Heck, anyone who has thrown together some groovy characters, monsters, or towns... I'd love to take a gander at them, whether they've seen play or not.

Tim Denee

Half-demon
- Sense Evil Creatures
Knife-fighting
Blood magic (black, soul)
Knife-throwing
Hunted by demons

Marksman
- Shooting
Buying ranged weapons
Improvise explosives
Keen eyesight
Climb walls

Paladin
- Smiting
Interrogate
Blessings (courage, inspire)
Lawful
Good

Mike Holmes

I'd say that this is the sort of thing that would be well supported by a database. And I know that Clinton has the technical werewithal to make such a thing. Something at the Dunjon Krawl site that would allow players to upload their creations for all to use. How about it Clinton?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Bailywolf

Hell yes!  I'll second this.  I hope it gets more use than the thoughtfuly provided sorcerer/demon database over at Ron's site though... hint hint hint.

Clinton R. Nixon

I've been thinking about this - I'll definitely be putting one up at the Donjon site when we get closer to publication. It will be especially useful for this game, in that you can get online and download a bunch of monsters.

I want to put up an interface where you can check off the monsters, encounters, or whatever else that you want, and download them all as a custom-generated PDF.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Clinton R Nixon
I want to put up an interface where you can check off the monsters, encounters, or whatever else that you want, and download them all as a custom-generated PDF.
Aw, man, that would be extra spiffy!

How about a randomizer that takes the elements like scenes, rooms, traps, monsters, whatever, and smashes them together for instant Dunjon creation? Would that not be way swoot?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

James V. West

This sounds awesome, Clinton.

Will there a place on the site to upload more elaborate things like complete suppliments for players to get their hands on?

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: James V. West
Will there a place on the site to upload more elaborate things like complete suppliments for players to get their hands on?

Probably not, as I'd want to look over the supplement before I put it on the official site. What I will do, though, is look over supplements, and put them for download in the Gaming Bookshelf if they're good.

The other cool thing I'm going to implement is an "Adventure" tag on each monster and encounter. You'll be able to, basically, post your entire adventure online, and people can use it as is (download the whole thing), or grab individual bits and pieces for their own.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

James V. West

What I will do, though, is look over supplements, and put them for download in the Gaming Bookshelf if they're good.

That's even better. Quality control.

Depending on how well things go with my TQB playtesting this Sunday, I hope to also play some Donjon or at least schedule a Donjon run for the next weekend.