News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I-CON Aftermath

Started by Luke, April 11, 2005, 12:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dregg

Quote from: DarkForcePrimeSo are you saying that all those people on the panel had nothing worth saying? You realize Dregg was supposed to be on that panel too right?

Oh Jared, what are we going to do with you? Flogging doesn't seem worth the wooden shoe.

Quote from: Jared A. Sorensen
Quote from: DarkForcePrime
That's what it's all about. Sitting behind Luke as he screams his Burning Wheel battlecry. Having to put up with Jared's non-stop rants during forums.

In my defense (uh-oh), I gotta say that I'll stop ranting when people on these panels have something interesting or even important to say.

And I swear to Grud, I'mma gonna throat-punch the next person to ask if computer games are a threat to pen and paper. Holy shit, people. It's 2005. CLUE, GET A.

Now Now Now...
Honestly I problably would have had nothing interesting to say either.
I'm like the Silent Bob of the RPG world I am quiet until I have something to say, but when I do... Watch out.

Video Games will Never crush PnP, There are many cross overs, but different boats.
J. Carpio "Dregg"
Gaming Coordinator I-CON (iconsf.org)
Chapter 13 Press co founder(www.chapter13press.com)
Column Writer "Lights, Camera, Action!" (silven.com)

Dregg

Quote from: inthisstyle
Quote from: DreggThank you for all the Positive responses gentlemen, Brennan I am sorry you did not have a good time. I tried...

I didn't say I had a bad time. My time was fun, and I liked hanging with folks. I just didn't sell squat and that is why it was not particularly worth the expense of time and money this time around. You did me right, Dregg! Never fear.

Sorry to hear sales went badly, the one hard thing about I-CON is that the dealers room is sooooooooo far away from the Gaming Halls. There are alot of good ideas as how to handle alot of new issues that have arose over the past 3 year with gaming. As I said I invite any suggestions as to how we as a convention can better support its guests and comapnies who come out to Demo and Sell.
If you look at comapnies like Slugfest games and Burning wheel. They do quite well at I-CON, and my track "Demo Team" is just that, you need someone to run your product, I make sure it happens.

Your happieness in both departments is my concern, but at least if you were happy in one of the two I feel a little better.
J. Carpio "Dregg"
Gaming Coordinator I-CON (iconsf.org)
Chapter 13 Press co founder(www.chapter13press.com)
Column Writer "Lights, Camera, Action!" (silven.com)

DQG_Neal

Quote from: DreggNext Year we are going to hopfully be moving the gaming tracks into Ballrooms in the SAC at Stonybrook, and as well this being our 25th year next year we are going to be doing some Mad promotion.

More space, and possibly better rooms for use.  Good news all around there.