News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Just finished my first session

Started by lin swimmer, May 09, 2005, 03:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lin swimmer

Hey all. Long time listener, first time caller.

My mind is still swimming. My group just finished a marathon session. I felt really lucky to get the chance to GM the first town for us (and this was my first time GMing any game whatsoever). I got to establish my stance on supernatural levels, and bury the players in snow (I didn't name it Bending Pine for nothing). I really can't praise the game highly enough. After playing D&D for the past few months (and dropping $100 on all those damn books easy) this was just a blast of cold free will.  You mean I don't have to make ride checks every round to do this? Nope, trample him, man.

I fear that my affection for my mechanical pencil, as well as the staggering number of hours spent lurking on this forum, is a clear sign that gaming (this type in paticular) has me firmly by the throat.

Anyway, it's 3:46 AM and I don't think I'm currently able to describe my session in any detail, but I'd like to return with questions later.

Vincent, what can I say? I doff my cap.
Joshua, what you've done here is design at it's finest.

Awaiting my own copy of the game in the mail (as is our other player) and looking forward to the illustrated edition.

Gratefully,
Ryan Theodores
post script: can I swear on this forum? Deadwood has seeped far into the groundwater, so to speak.
Ryan Theodores

Jason Morningstar

Welcome!  Can't wait to hear about your initial experiences.  

People do curse around here but not a whole bunch.  As needed and appropriate, I'd say.

--Jason