News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

NJ Local: DexCon booth design

Started by TonyLB, April 16, 2005, 01:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

Okay, we're nattering away on a variety of issues over on the Indie Game Explosion 2 Forum, but booth design is clearly going to be a task.

I know, for a fact, that there are locals who attend DexCon without driving very far.  I really want to draft one of you guys to at least be part of the Booth Design team.  You can get to the hotel.

So, Judd, Rob... Andrew?  Was Andrew local?  Anyone... I'd like to get a volunteer before April 29th because the Double Exposure crew will be doing their Spring Gathering.  Not much in terms of roleplaying, but an excellent opportunity to get together with all concerned staff, in the actual hotel, and think things through.  Measure the space, check out what tables the hotel can offer, etc.

If we don't get a volunteer?  We'll manage somehow.  But volunteer, Obi-Wan-The-Local.  You're our only hope.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Andrew Morris

Yeah, I'm very local -- 10 minutes from the hotel. What exactly needs to be done? How much time would it require, and when?
Download: Unistat

TonyLB

We'd like to get some measurements on the space:  There are little triangular alcoves, and we'd like to know how deep they are.  There is a balcony we'll be set up on, and we'd like to know how wide it is.  And if you could ask the hotel staff what sort of tables (if any) they have that would fit into the alcoves, that'd be great too.  I'll check on the forum to see if we need any other measurements.

I don't think it would take more than about an hour sometime during Spring Gathering.  I'll check with Rebecca and see what she thinks would be entailed.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Andrew Morris

Oh. I'm not going to Spring Gathering. If it's just a matter of walking in and measuring, I'll do it tomorrow.

Robert Bohl

I'd love to help, but unfortunately Secaucus is pretty far (given that I don't have a babysitter :)).  Fortunately, it looks like Andrew will be able to take up my lazy slack.
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

Helvetian

Quote from: RobNJI'd love to help, but unfortunately Secaucus is pretty far (given that I don't have a babysitter :)).  Fortunately, it looks like Andrew will be able to take up my lazy slack.

East Brunswick.  Not Secaucus.  :)
Rebecca Badurina
Vice President, Programming
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com

Robert Bohl

Quote from: Helvetian
Quote from: RobNJI'd love to help, but unfortunately Secaucus is pretty far (given that I don't have a babysitter :)).  Fortunately, it looks like Andrew will be able to take up my lazy slack.

Oops.  Okay, that's like down the street.  If Andrew can't do it, i can.
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

Helvetian

Quote from: RobNJ
Quote from: Helvetian

Oops.  Okay, that's like down the street.  If Andrew can't do it, i can.

I'll have my almost-6 and 7 year old with me, so if you want to stop in and just bring the kid(s), feel free.  :-)  I won't really be able to play any games because I'll be minding them, so I'll mainly just be hanging out and chatting with people.
Rebecca Badurina
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com

Andrew Morris

Tony or Rebecca-

So what do I need to do? Come by during the Spring Gathering and take measurements? Or will the hotel just let me check out the space if I show up before then?

Helvetian

Quote from: Andrew MorrisTony or Rebecca-

So what do I need to do? Come by during the Spring Gathering and take measurements? Or will the hotel just let me check out the space if I show up before then?

Probably better to do it during SG, if your schedule permits, so we're right there to answer any questions about the space/logistics.
Rebecca Badurina
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com

Andrew Morris

Okay, will do. Any day or time particularly good or bad?

Helvetian

Quote from: Andrew MorrisOkay, will do. Any day or time particularly good or bad?

Nah.  With the kids with me, I won't really be able to get into any scheduled games.  So my schedule's pretty open.  I'll PM you my cell phone number, and feel free to give a call when you're heading over.
Rebecca Badurina
Double Exposure, Inc.
www.dexposure.com