News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Ad?

Started by Lxndr, April 07, 2005, 03:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lxndr

So, I'd like to do some sort of advertisement swap with other publishers in future printings of Fastlane, etc.  

However, I don't actually have any ad of my own that might be used to, y'know, advertise Fastlane in return.  So, I guess I need one.  I can't afford a lot, but I can afford to pay something, if I can get a nice, full-page sorta ad that reflects the game.

The game itself is designed to be 100% visual-art-free, with the exception of the cover, so I'd like the advertisement to fall under the same purview if at all possible.

Where would I go to find someone to attempt such a feat?  Again, I can't afford much, but I'm not asking "for free."
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Lxndr

I hate to bump my own thread, but I wonder if this was lost in the Birthday shuffle.  I just want to ask, again, does anyone know where I can find someone who, for a small fee, would be able to create an ad for Fastlane that I can subsequently use for advertisement swaps?
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

greyorm

Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about Fastlane, or I'd be willing to help out.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Eero Tuovinen

Alexander: your thread was not forgotten, I'm working on it. If you can wait until, say, 18th of this month, I'll have something for you. A full page ad for Fastlane, right?

I probably should have said something, but I wanted to tell you when it's ready.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

xiombarg

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to do an ad swap. What do you need in terms of the ad? Image file? PDF? Word file? What?
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Christopher Weeks

What if you just took the cover, made it somewhat transparent and inserted a very short blurb of text over the most whitespacey part of the cover?  That's quick, easy, something you could surely do yourself, and probably as good as half the ads out there.