*
*
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 04:23:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 74 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New to Alyria  (Read 3859 times)
Yokiboy
Member

Posts: 363


WWW
« on: April 26, 2005, 01:36:33 AM »

I found this game a while back after reading Ron Edward's praise of it all over the place. I didn't actually read it until today, but must point out that I am very impressed!

I am about to read through your Dreaming out Loud articles now.

Add me to your list of sure sales.

TTFN,

Yoki
Logged

GreatWolf
Moderator
Member
*
Posts: 1155

designer of Dirty Secrets


WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 06:17:31 AM »

I didn't get a lot sleep last night.  I was at work way too late (ah, the joys of working in IT), and then my youngest woke up at 4:00 a.m.  So, I'm tired.  Still, I decided that I needed to continue editing Alyria so that I can get the stupid thing finished.  There are any number of good excuses that I could use to justify delaying.  And, when I think about them, I'll haul out this post (among others) to give me the kick in the seat of the pants that I'll need.

So, thank you, and I hope to give you a reason to spend your money soon.
Logged

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown
Yokiboy
Member

Posts: 363


WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 12:06:01 AM »

Quote from: GreatWolf
I didn't get a lot sleep last night.  I was at work way too late (ah, the joys of working in IT), and then my youngest woke up at 4:00 a.m.  So, I'm tired.  Still, I decided that I needed to continue editing Alyria so that I can get the stupid thing finished.  There are any number of good excuses that I could use to justify delaying.  And, when I think about them, I'll haul out this post (among others) to give me the kick in the seat of the pants that I'll need.

So, thank you, and I hope to give you a reason to spend your money soon.


Honestly, if you just flesh out your Story Map ideas and the other game preparations a bit I'll buy it in its current form. Perhaps a hostage plan ala Meatbot would work as a good encouragement to yourself? Although I think those guys had the game completed prior to launching that idea.

Your idea of starting by stating the conflict, then creating the major roles and the storymap is just beautiful! The players picking roles from this story map, creating them as their own characters and then coming up with a priming event (ala Sorcerer's Kickers) it's just so great! I love it!

Great game and I hope to see it published eventually.

TTFN,

Yoki
Logged

GreatWolf
Moderator
Member
*
Posts: 1155

designer of Dirty Secrets


WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 04:40:49 AM »

Quote from: Yokiboy

Honestly, if you just flesh out your Story Map ideas and the other game preparations a bit I'll buy it in its current form.


I don't remember off-hand what was in the quickstart rules, but in the final manuscript I've dedicated an entire chapter to game preparation, going over precisely the issues that you described.  I just edited it yesterday, and I think that you will find it to be exactly what you are looking for.
Logged

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown
Yokiboy
Member

Posts: 363


WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 01:50:40 AM »

Quote from: GreatWolf
I don't remember off-hand what was in the quickstart rules, but in the final manuscript I've dedicated an entire chapter to game preparation, going over precisely the issues that you described.  I just edited it yesterday, and I think that you will find it to be exactly what you are looking for.

So when will I be able to pay you for this work? Can I give you the money for the final release now, in order to see the current manuscript? A sort of pre-order for feedback deal.

TTFN,

Yoki
Logged

GreatWolf
Moderator
Member
*
Posts: 1155

designer of Dirty Secrets


WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 06:56:14 PM »

A tempting offer, Yoki, but at this point, I think that I will simply get the text together and let you give me money when the book is ready.
Logged

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown
Yokiboy
Member

Posts: 363


WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 02:36:50 AM »

Quote from: GreatWolf
A tempting offer, Yoki, but at this point, I think that I will simply get the text together and let you give me money when the book is ready.

Ready to let me give you my money yet? Anywhere I can find updates on your progress, personal blog, web site, etc.?

TTFN,

Yoki
Logged

GreatWolf
Moderator
Member
*
Posts: 1155

designer of Dirty Secrets


WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 11:41:15 AM »

Due to the chaos of life and visiting relatives, I have not yet completed this.  Almost done, though.  I did post some text recently on my blog, but I don't know if it was already released or not.
Logged

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Oxygen design by Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!