News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GenCon lodging

Started by btrc, May 06, 2005, 08:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btrc

I mailed this privately and got no response from the primary booth people, so I'm asking the forgies at large:

Before you go gonzo on room reservations, let me point out a very little known option. There is a place called Malibu Suites about 2.5 blocks from the convention center (14 West Maryland). They've got a total of like 4 suites, a pair of -900- square footers and a pair of 400 square footers. 1 bed, one fold out bed. -Full- kitchen and other appliances (like "dishwasher and washer and dryer"-full).

The smaller runs $225 per night plus tax (I think the larger is $325, but of course 900 square feet would fit -everyone- (and still have room for the booth monkey cages...). This rate was quoted to me on the phone and does not match the web page rate. I wouldn't book it for myself alone, but if you want privacy and whatever you might save on food by having a kitchen, it's something to consider. If anyone is -definitely- interested, I'll book one and split it with you. If the primaries are interested in just booking a large and splitting it, I'm in for that too.

http://www.malibuonmaryland.com/suites.html

Another option under the radar is Renaissance Tower, a so-so place about 9 blocks from the convention center. A bit of a walk (I've done longer in Milwaukee), but it is also only $85 per night, compared to the minimum $133 per night from the convention bureau. With 12% tax thrown in, that's about a $215 difference for the weekend. Also has complementary parking.

http://www.idcide.com/hotels/in/renaissance-tower-historic-inn.htm

Last, if anyone has already booked at one of the hotels connected to the convention center and you're looking to defray the cost, if you have room for two, I'm in for that if no one wants to split at the Malibu Suites.

Get back to me soonest if you're interested in splitting a room.

Greg Porter
BTRC games

Allan

I definitely want to split a room with someone.  If Greg's room is no longer available, does anyone else have a room to share?

It's going to cost enough getting myself down to Indianapolis from Canada, so I want to make accomodations as cheap as possible.  I'm happy to grab a piece of crowded floor.  Any help or advice anyone could give me would be great.
Sweet Dreams - Romance, Espionage, and Horror in High School
The Big Night - children's game with puppets

In Progress:  Fingerprints
Playing:  PTA, Shock