News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Origins 2005] Who's going?

Started by GB Steve, May 03, 2005, 11:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GB Steve

Is there a planned Forge or other indie presence at this Con?

It will be my first US convention and whilst I would like to book a few mainstream games, I also love to play some of the indie stuff I've only read about.

Eric Provost

Indeed, we'd like to hear about how to find Forgites at Origins too.  This year, we're planning to hit every major convention we possibly can.  (Free airline travel helps that alot!  Yay!)

Unlike Steve, we're really not interested in too much 'mainstream' stuff this year.  We'd like to spend our actual gaming time involved in indie stuff.  Either meeting indie people or playing indie games.  

So, let's hear it from all the designers that plan to have a presence there.

-Eric

Mike Holmes

I think we'll have to organize something as I haven't heard about anything official. I'm planning on attending. The tradition is to play at least one game at the table in the corner of the breezeway that's the first to your left as you enter it coming from the hotel (not from the convention hall). Almost always free in the evenings.

Perhaps a dinner on another night? Anyone have a huge room that they'd want to offer up for play? I'm still looking into accomodations.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Luke

i'll be there with Jason from Key20 and Brennan from IPR. I'll be running demos at the booth and a couple of scheduled games.

-L

Mike Holmes

Quote from: abzui'll be there with Jason from Key20 and Brennan from IPR. I'll be running demos at the booth and a couple of scheduled games.

-L
That's one booth for the both of them? If not, which booth for the demos? Booth numbers?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Luke

Quote from: Mike Holmes
Quote from: abzui'll be there with Jason from Key20 and Brennan from IPR. I'll be running demos at the booth and a couple of scheduled games.

-L
That's one booth for the both of them? If not, which booth for the demos? Booth numbers?

Mike

one booth for all three of us. No clue what the booth number is, but it's prolly listed under Key20.

-L

ergtide

I'll be running my RealPolitik game.  If interested in learning more, here's the write-up:  http://www.originsgames.com/index.pl/review_event?&subUID=6555&evappNumber=5219

I'd love to play with any other Forge-ite there.  See ya'll in OH.

-bd

minipainterUS

I'll be there, but I'll be doing my "other job"; running painting events for GAMA. Feel free to stop by the booth (119) in the exhibit hall and say howdy.
Deane P. Goodwin
Goodwin's Painting Service
http://minipainter.netfirms.com