News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[MLwM] My Life as Adolf

Started by Victor Gijsbers, May 31, 2005, 10:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimke

But what happens then? Do you roll again and the next scene and play what happens next to get a decicsion? Or do you 'forget' the scene and play a new one (in the old setting, without a dicision in the old scene, thus same choice only the story moved on a bit)?

Don't you leave unsatisfied to end a scene without some big story development happenning? Most scenes seemed to have BIG consequences in either way.  To leave a scene undecided seems a waste.

Also how does it work in story telling? Always something interrupts? Or can it be played in a more elegant way?

I'll explain: This was the part of the game that bothered me the most and didn't come quite natural, IMO. (both not in game machanics as in story telling)  The story seemed interupted and the story went less smooth. I'm not quite sure if it was the fault of the storytelling or the game  mechanics.

Anyway,  I REALLY enjoyed the game and that is not the issue. I only try to pinpoint the tiny flaws that occured to me, I liked the game A LOT that is why I make the effort to post something about it. :)

Paul Czege

Victor, what a great game! Congratulations.

Rimke, the trick with interruptions is for the gamemaster to use them to heighten the tension. So, say an Overture is interrupted. It might be by the arrival of the Master in a dangerous frame of mind. And the story doesn't stall out. But the answer to the question of affection between the minion and the connection is delayed, and so the possibility of harm or tragic circumstances intervening is raised.

Does that make sense?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Victor GijsbersJeroen, I certainly did not manipulate the scenes nor do I know how to do so. Although I do think the 'Adolf finally embraces Hate' idea was suggested by me, after Rimke realised that if the cook were to die his love would go to zero and he would become a new Master. Let's say that we were inspired by the rules.
Of course you were inspired by the rules. They are, in fact, designed very specifically to produce the effects in question.

In the case in question, once you get to a certain point with your stats, suddenly it becomes obvious where to drive the character. And other players react accordingly, too, adjusting their play to hit other mechanical ends.

No coincidences here. Just the rules doing what they were designed to do.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.