News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Underworld site

Started by dimensional, March 14, 2002, 06:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMSkarka

The graffiti elements will still be there....just not on the front cover.  We had too many retailers hit us with a valid complaint:  the game's title should be visible and decipherable from across the store.  It should make a prospective customer cross over and pick it up...the old title was too arcane.

As far as Matt's comment goes, that "just cos it's graffiti doesn't mean it should be illegible"....well, actually, I don't know what the situation is in the UK, but here in NYC, the entire point of graffiti *is* that it's unreadable.  It's a code (several codes, actually), readable only by those "in the know." The graffiti fonts that we used on the first edition are actually WAY more readable than actual graffiti!

I will be keeping the graffiti elements on the interior (chapter headings, etc.), but for the cover, readability is more important than style.

GMS
Gareth-Michael Skarka
Adamant Entertainment
gms@adamantentertainment.com

TSL

Quote from: GMSkarkaI will be keeping the graffiti elements on the interior (chapter headings, etc.), but for the cover, readability is more important than style. GMS

I guess that means the cyberpunk angle is right out.

:p
TS
Servant of Mantorok since 1863
Rumpuncher - Nocturnal's Scribe

Matt Machell

Quote from: GMSkarkaI don't know what the situation is in the UK, but here in NYC, the entire point of graffiti *is* that it's unreadable.

Well, to be honest it depends on the graffiti artist. There's some truely wonderful art out there, which also happens to be some guys tag. There used to be some run down industrial sites you'd pass on the way into Birmingham on the train with some wonderful murals on. Course, because it was all "just graffiti" it got cleaned off, shame.

Come to think of it, back when I did art at school, one of the teachers had a book filled with pictures of NYC subway trains which had been muralled (is that a word?) by taggers. Anyhow, that's what I was thinking of, rather than the "scrawled on bus shelter in felt tip pen" look. Big, brash and bold, and still legible.

Anyway, the issue is really: does the logo evoke the background, and is it readable to average joe game shopper.

Matt