News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

General site weirdness

Started by Andrew Morris, May 11, 2005, 03:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Morris

Starting today, I've noticed a few oddities on this site.

1) Posts I've previously read revert to the "unread" icon, but no new posts are in the thread.

2) Some posts won't change to the "read" icon, even though they have been read and the index refreshed several times.

3) When posting a reply, the section at the bottom of the page that shows the previous posts will only display the first two posts, not the most recent ones.

Anyone else experiencing this? Got any ideas if I might be overlooking something simple? I've never had any problems like this in the past, using Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Netscape on various versions of Mac, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
Download: Unistat

Adam Dray

Yes, same here. Same weirdnesses.

Also, sometimes clicking on the unread posts link takes me to a read post in the thread. It'll show as gray (read) but link me to that #anchor when only the last one is showing as orange (unread). So part of the site is detecting that the post is read and marking it so but the anchor hyperlink is going to the wrong spot.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

Andrew Morris

Okay, new weirdness -- when I tried to edit a post, I was immediately logged out and told I could only edit my own posts.

[EDIT: This only happened once. I just made this edit and couldn't reproduce the problem.]

Andrew Cooper

I'm getting the following error when I go to the Resource Library.

QuoteWarning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.qadim/indierpg/indie-rpgs.com.new/resources/lib/lib_main.php on line 345

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.qadim/indierpg/indie-rpgs.com.new/resources/lib/lib_main.php on line 422

Also, when I open any of the categories within the Resource Library, I am told there are no listings.

anthony kilburn

I'm experiencing the same problems with the Resource Library.

Andrew Morris

Yeah, I had that happen, too, but it went away after I refreshed the page a few times. I also had all the fora vanish temporarily at around the same time. Again, the problem resolved within a minute or two.

Andrew Cooper

I'm still having problems with the Resource Library.  Whenever I click on that link or any link in it, I get...

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.qadim/indierpg/indie-rpgs.com.new/resources/lib/lib_main.php on line 231

The lists of Independent RPGs doesn't populate.  It always says there is nothing to show.  It's been doing this for about a month now, I guess.

Tully305

I am having the same problem as well

ErrathofKosh

I've had similiar problems in another forum... but I don't why.
Cheers,
Jonathan