News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Multiple Reverses

Started by sirogit, June 11, 2005, 09:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirogit

Say that all four Dogs are facing down a sorcerer.

During one round, the sorcerer reverses the blow on all four of the Dog's raises.

What does he use for his next attack? One of the reversed dice? Two of them? All of them?

Eric Provost

I believe the official word on the matter, and the version we've been playing by, is when you're in that situation the first reversal means that the die used stays on the table to answer the next Dog's Raise.   And so on until it becomes the GM's turn to Raise.  

So;

Player 1 Raises with 8.  GM Turns the Blow with a 10.  The 10 sits on the table.  If player 2 Raises with 10 or less, then the 10 that the GM still has can turn that blow too, and it'll still sit on the table for player 3 to deal with.

-Eric

Eric Provost

Here is Vincent's response to that question in an earlier thread.

-Eric

Lance D. Allen

As I believe the book says, and the ruling we've used either way, the turning die is used in the next Raise or See. So in the situation you named, I think it would go like this.. the Sorcerer would turn the first Dog.. the second Dog would raise, and if the die used for the first reversal was sufficient to turn that blow, then it remained on the table. If it wasn't sufficient, you'd add another die to it, and it would be a regular See. If the first die was sufficient to turn all of the blows from all four Dogs, he will have used a single die to face eight, and still have it available for his raise. This is a singularly unlikely situation, but possible.

Which.. on a second read-through, is basically what Eric said. My mistake.
I thought he was saying that the dice were only useable for the raise.

The distinction that I may be making is that if the turning die (10, in his example) fails to Turn a subsequent Raise, then another die is added, and both are discarded like a normal See.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls