News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[DitV] "Cool Applications Of Conflict Resolution"

Started by Darren Hill, June 13, 2005, 12:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Hill

That makes sense. If I'm using viciousness, I should narrate the raise in such a way that players can see there is the possibility of some kind of harm.

sirogit

Quote from: demiurgeastarothThat's a nice list, sirogit. I'm wondering why you excluded:

e) A relationship comes to your active aid during a conflict.

This one is explicitly stated in the rulebook.

I'm considering only allowing it if the ally was fully involved in the conflict, which would require them getting involved at at the beginning, which would mean the relationship isn't added in the middle of the conflict. I'm kind of iffy on that point though.

The way I do Viciousness/talking is that the possessed has a very foul method of asserting themselves, which can coincide with those that stand against them suffering some sort of internal sickness. Its a pretty rare happening(Gotta get two 6's, without the Escalation benefit.)

Darren Hill

Quote from: sirogitI'm considering only allowing it if the ally was fully involved in the conflict, which would require them getting involved at at the beginning, which would mean the relationship isn't added in the middle of the conflict. I'm kind of iffy on that point though.

I'm happy with letting them have it whenever it applies. But... I notice this:
Quote from: the good bookWhen an NPC helps a PC
When an NPC takes a PC’s side in a conflict, it’s exactly as though the NPC were joining a group. Give the PC +2d6 to Stats, plus a Trait representing the NPC’s role. You choose which Stats. For the Trait, pull from your Free Dice or make it 1d6, it’s up to you.

If a relationship comes to your active aid during (or at the beginning - it doesn't matter) a conflict, do you get the above dice plus the relationship dice, or do you just get the relationship dice? My guess is both.

Quote from: sirogitThe way I do Viciousness/talking is that the possessed has a very foul method of asserting themselves, which can coincide with those that stand against them suffering some sort of internal sickness. Its a pretty rare happening(Gotta get two 6's, without the Escalation benefit.)

Also - since you can define how the injury occurs after the fact (during fallout), allowing you to justify it with something plausible that fits the circumstances. It might even happen later than the Raise that caused the fallout.

sirogit