News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Ordering from Key 20 Direct

Started by dunlaing, June 15, 2005, 12:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunlaing

To others who have ordered from Key20 Direct: does the Order Information update to indicate when it has shipped and what the tracking number is (if any)?

I ordered on Friday and it currently says "Processing" and I'm wondering if that means that it hasn't shipped or if it just means that they don't update the status.

Valamir

I don't know the specific answer to your question, but I do know they are in the middle of moving the website so it wouldn't surprise me that the info just isn't updated.  My Universalis inventory is not yet available on the new site for instance.

If you shoot Jason Valore an email he usually responds pretty promptly.

xenopulse

It took quite a while for them to ship my BW Revised, so I stopped checking after a week (at which point it still said "Processing" and I wrote them an email about it, but did not receive an answer).  So, I'd guess you need to be patient for a bit longer.

dunlaing

Well, there's no chance that I'll be patient :)

Seriously, though, I just like to know what's going on with an order. If it hasn't shipped yet, that's ok, as long as I know it hasn't shipped yet.

Thor Olavsrud

Several others have reported that the site showed the order pending even after the books had arrived, in some cases.

In most cases, books have arrived in one week or less.

JasonV

Jason at Key 20 here...

We make every attempt to ship in-stock orders within 3 business days of order placement.  However, if the order is placed on a Thursday or Friday, it may not go out until Monday or Tuesday.

If a pre-order for a product is placed, the order won't ship until we receive the product from the manufacturer.  If you place a pre-order with us, please note the shipment date at the bottom of the order page.  Your order will not ship until this date, and will show as "Pending Preorder" in our system.

Orders in our system will show as "Pending" until they actually ship.  Shipped orders are updated to "Complete" status, and an e-mail notification is sent to the buyer showing the shipment tracking information (or US Customs number if international).

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly about your order if you have any questions.  You can always e-mail me at key20@key20.com, or for faster service, call toll-free at (800) 277-0711.

Jason | Key 20

dunlaing

I just got an email saying that it was shipping today. Cool.

Jason Morningstar

I believe Key20 gives themselves a five business day window to ship in-stock product.  In my case I ordered on a Friday and they shipped the following Friday.  When it did ship I was given a tracking number, but it was never clear that it had left the dock until it actually arrived - the tracking information said "scheduled for pickup" the entire time.

dunlaing

I'm pretty sure that the most Key20 can do is provide you the tracking number. After that, it's up to the shipping company or the postal service to update the shipping information.

My order was processed fine, by the way. The Key20 site updated saying that the order had shipped and they provided me with a tracking number via email right away. The books arrived quickly in good condition. I'm very happy with my experience with Key20.