News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

PTA - Guest Players Idea

Started by Lord_Steelhand, June 15, 2005, 05:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord_Steelhand

I have read several posts where there was some question on how to include guests in on a PTA game without setting them up with permanent characters.  The preferred solution should allow them to benefit from Fan Mail rules as well as give them some "aspect" within the game as a creative focus.

I would humbly suggest the idea of naming an episode theme/tone/premise that the extra player is the writer in charge of on the show.  He or she is brought in to add this spice to an episode.  This theme can even be the setting itself (like those episodes where the show is more about the space station or the gritty life of New York or what have you).  This creates that TV feel of a "centered show" where the writers are trying to pull off some extra something in addition to character issues.

I would open the discussion by saying that the 'screen presence" of the theme should be some function of the SP of the existing characters (to avoid stepping on key episodes and to make up for episodes where SP is low for everyone and the game is more about that Theme or setting bit).

Thoughts?
Judd M. Goswick
Legion Gaming Society

Lord_Steelhand

This is Allan's post that is very similar to my own at around the same time - I guess this idea has the merit of mass appeal.
Judd M. Goswick
Legion Gaming Society