News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I'll pay you to advertise your game at the cons.

Started by Eric Provost, June 14, 2005, 06:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Provost

So, my wife Lisa and I are actively planning our trips to GenCon and Origins this year.  And we're contemplating what we wanna wear.  We've pretty well settled on 'investing' in a bunch o' new T-Shirts to declare our fandom.  And I realized that I really really really want a bunch of t-shirts that just don't exist.  The Forge and DitV come to mind immediately.  I wanna walk around the cons, have someone look at the kewl DitV art on my back and ask me what the hell game that is.  

So, I began to wonder if anyone who's been successful with a buzzworthy indie game has ever considered printing up some shirts for their fans to buy up and wear to cons?  I'm pretty sure there is such a thing as POD t-shirt places.  Hell, I think there's one down the street from me.  

And if there were some good Forge shirts out there to buy?  Oh hell yea, I'd support the site by buying one (or two or three), and wear 'em with pride.

Whatcha think?

-Eric

xenopulse

Eric Provost

Ha!  You rock Christian!  Thanks for the link.  I will so be sporting my Forgite-T to the cons.  

-Eric

Andy Kitkowski

I was actually lamenting the lack of "Forge T-Shirts"... however, I dig the new logo SOooo much more than the old one.  If anyone wants to make a sale from me please feel free to slap the indie-rpgs.com logo on a T-Shirt, take it to Cafepress, and post a link here.  

I've got ideas for Special Indie RPG T-Shirts for GenCon, but I'm still working on some ideas.  I will have one ready, though.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Andrew Morris

Make that two sales -- I'd buy a Forge-pimping T-shirt with the new logo.
Download: Unistat

Ron Edwards

Burning Wheel, Ramshead Publishing, and Adept Press all offer t-shirts at their websites. Money for the Sorcerer shirt(s) goes to Raven, the artist, not to me; the link at the site sends you to Cafe Press.

Best,
Ron

Eric Provost

Thanks for the info Ron, I'll check those out.

Hey, where's Vincent on this one?  I totally wanna DitV shirt!  It's my new favorite game!  How am I supposed to show the love for my new favorite game without buying some fan-chandice?  A shirt!  A patch!  A sticker!  A keychain!  A Trapper-Keeper!

How about it?

-Eric

greyorm

If I have a sale for it, I will slap an ORX tee together like that and you can pimp my game. I'd put the cover image that wasn't on it (which can be found in my gallery at my site).

Assuming he has the time to do so, Clinton should be able to slap the new Forge logo onto a tee, since he already the same on a coffee cup over at Cafepress.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio