News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Cross-Pollination...

Started by Andrew Norris, March 16, 2005, 04:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Norris

Hi, Matt.

I just wanted to let you know that in a Sorcerer game I'm running, one of the players wanted his character to be a small-time wrestler, doing weekend matches in high school gyms and such, who's just got his first opportunity to do a match with the WWE. (His Demon is a luchadore mask that provides him the mic skills and breadth of knowledge he personally lacks, meaning that he's struggling between deciding to go it alone and possibly fail, or achieve success as his masked persona without being personally recognized.)

Anyway, while we're not using the full version of Kayfabe, I have to say that the information in the sample download has been invaluable. I don't know the business at all, and the player's a pretty big fan, so thanks to you I've gotten a crash course in the back-room dealings and such. Any other reference material I found played down what he and I both see as the important stuff to focus on just the matches themselves.

I'm going to hand him a copy of the sample materials; since he GMs, I'm hoping I can sell him on picking up a copy of the full rulebook.

Thanks,
Andrew