News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New DitV Wiki and Lexicon

Started by epweissengruber, June 27, 2005, 01:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epweissengruber

http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Toronto_Dogs_In_The_Vineyard:Main_Page

The Toronto Indie RPG group is starting up a game.  I am running a Wiki on RPG.net and conducting a Lexicon game to build up some of the details of the setting.

I welcome any comments.

Jason Morningstar

Hey, that looks like fun!  A great way to world-build collaboratively.  I'm definitely going to try that myself.

I added an entry - hope you don't mind.  

--Jason

epweissengruber

Quote from: jasonmHey, that looks like fun!  A great way to world-build collaboratively.  I'm definitely going to try that myself.

I added an entry - hope you don't mind.  

--Jason

Hell no!

Jason Morningstar

I'm assuming that's "hell no, I don't mind"...

One question - when do you move on to DEF?  Can individuals race through (assuming there are entries to fill in) or does it take a more measured pace?

epweissengruber

Mostly, people play with the formality of a well-run parlour game.  All players complete their 1st turn.  Then, play procedes by rounds, a round being completed when all players have made their contributions.  

So, I am waiting for Mike and Shawn to add something to the ABCs.  After that it is a free-for all.  So you could chose to do the DEF or a GHI.  You just couldn't go back and do a second DEF entry.

I also broke a rule about the first move: You are supposed to direct your readers to 2 other entires.  I got a little carried away.  I think this rule exists so that players don't monopolize the Lexicon or try to set its character too quickly

epweissengruber

Second round is open.  I should be posting later today.

epweissengruber

We were running though Colorado City, which dealt with a Steward gone polygamy crazy.  The Dogs were keeping things in order with minimal violence until the Steward pulled a gun.  The young buck who resented the old guy's monopoly on the young women was assisting the Dogs.  The Dogs were taking some pretty nasty fallout, but the Steward did too.  And as neither Dog had pulled his gun, I ruled that the young buck took out the Steward.

Beacuse of their desire to keep things lawful, the Dogs won the grudging respect of all the factions, including the Steward's youngest wife (who liked having high status over her fellow wives).

Because of my players' great set up, I got a chance to deliver the session's closing line:
"I guess we'll be spared the shame of any divorces" (delivered by the loyal wife as she knelt over her dead patriach).

They brought  the threads together -- I just put a neat little knot on the whole package.