News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sold Out!

Started by Warren, June 28, 2005, 09:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

Just as I my resolve weakened enough (and my resources grew enough) for me to order another Indie-RPG,  I go to the site to discover that PtA is sold out! Oh the humanity!

A couple of questions then? I presume that this revised edition will be available soon, and how much will it cost (including shipping to the UK), and will a pdf version become available soon as well? Is the anything else I should know?

Thanks,
Warren

BlackSheep

Actually, I have a question for Matt as well:

From what I hear, there are going to be some substantial changes for the new version - three traits instead of five as standard, and I heard something about a card-based mechanic as well.

Will there be any chance of an update for those who own the original?  Some way to get the big changes without buying the game over again?  Or is there too much being changed?

Matt Wilson

Questions, yes.

I only make eyes!

QuoteA couple of questions then? I presume that this revised edition will be available soon, and how much will it cost (including shipping to the UK), and will a pdf version become available soon as well? Is the anything else I should know?

I'm not sure about the price yet. If I can keep the printing costs the same, then the price will stay right where it is. Don't expect a monstrous price jump no matter what.

Shipping? Depends on how much the reprint weighs. It's bigger.

Anything else... you can see some cool art samples here:

Bootleggers, example conflict courtesy of Jennifer Rodgers

For the Queen series example courtesy of Keith Senkowski

Spies for Hire series example courtesy of Chris Nonis

QuoteFrom what I hear, there are going to be some substantial changes for the new version - three traits instead of five as standard, and I heard something about a card-based mechanic as well.
Aside from various text revisions, more examples and that sort of thing, you've described the two changes that will affect your play.

For cards, I 've written that up in some other thread, but it goes like this: deal out cards instead of rolling dice. Count red cards instead of odd dice. For ties, hearts trump diamonds, and low cards beat high cards. Highest card narrates, red or not, although a high red card will still beat a high black card (and spades beat clubs).

If you want to see my various minor changes throughout the text, well then cough up the dough, man! Otherwise you have all you need, and your version will still be compatible with all the supplements and adventure modules.

rafial

Spies for Hire is awesome!

Keith Senkowski

Jennifer is an awesome illustrator and makes me green like the Hulk with envy.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

ScottM

Quote from: Matt WilsonIf you want to see my various minor changes throughout the text, well then cough up the dough, man! Otherwise you have all you need, and your version will still be compatible with all the supplements and adventure modules.
So, you're not planning an upgrade .pdf or anything of the like?  Just new text, purchased from scratch? Hmm...

Scott
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Matt Wilson

Quote from: ScottM
So, you're not planning an upgrade .pdf or anything of the like?

Scott

Huh? What would that even be? The changes took two paragraphs to describe.

Chris Goodwin

Question:  Will the original methods be in as optional rules, or are they going away completely?
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@gmail.com