News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Yet another dumb question... (this time about the PTA PDF)

Started by mofarme, July 14, 2005, 06:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mofarme

Hi,

I recently got PTA (probably just before it sold out!), and while I am positively delighted about the game, I would like to have a PDF version, so, even it may be a rather dumb question...

...is there going finally to be a PDF version of PTA? If yes, when will it be available?

Thanks in advance!

Matt Wilson

Aw, man, I don't know. I keep meaning to do it, but other stuff keeps coming up, like getting the update printed, and having to buy groceries and find a job and so on.

And I don't want my pdf to be some crappy cut/paste job right from the source file. I hate it when game designers do that. So it'll take some time to make it look nice and be worth having.

It genuinely is on my to-do list, but you can safely assume it won't be until after GenCon sometime, and at that point I'll be in school again, so things will happen slowly.

NickHollingsworth

Oh :(

What software is the real document edited and laid out with? What machine is it on? Is it not possible to just use one of the free print-to-pdf utilities to get a PDF copy?
Nick Hollingsworth

John Harper

It's not laid out for printing on 8.5x11 paper. And Matt wants it to look nice at that format.

Besides... if we wait a bit, we can get the new PTA Revised in PDF form. Sweet.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

NickHollingsworth

... because I was going to suggest you do an advanced order thing. Take the money for a physical copy of the new version, shipping etc. And give the customer a free PDF of the old version to be going on with until the new version is in print and ships.

It might not float your boat in terms of a nice layout but it would be good for cash flow. You can always do a fine layout job on the PDF of the new version.

If you are clear about the deal by telling customers that the PDF of the old version is just a temporary thing and a bit of 'thank you' for ordering in advance and that its not laid out for A4 or whatever then its the customers choice.

As a customer I would go for this, and be happy too.
Nick Hollingsworth

Matt Wilson

Yeah, but that doesn't really have any impact on what I said above:

Quoteother stuff keeps coming up, like getting the update printed, and having to buy groceries and find a job and so on.

A pdf -- of any kind -- is really REALLY low priority for me, and it will be for a while.