News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GenCon 2005] Monkey Feeding

Started by Ben Lehman, August 03, 2005, 06:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Senkowski

Ben,

Unless the room has cartons of cigarettes, bourbon and black coffee, I'm going to handle my own grazing needs like last year.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Bob Goat on August 04, 2005, 11:57:37 AM
Ben,

Unless the room has cartons of cigarettes, bourbon and black coffee, I'm going to handle my own grazing needs like last year.

Keith

Word the fuck up, man. (Ok, so no bourbon for me.) Seriously - if anyone local to Indy brings a coffee maker to the suite, I'll kiss you with tongue.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

TonyLB

Now, see, I was considering suggesting a coffee maker, maybe even packing my wife's mini-one-cup maker.  But if Clinton's going to go around making threats like that....
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

timfire

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on August 04, 2005, 12:07:52 PM
Seriously - if anyone local to Indy brings a coffee maker to the suite, I'll kiss you with tongue.
Hell, if noone else does, I'll drive my coffee maker & grinder from Chicago.
--Timothy Walters Kleinert

Andrew Cooper

I'll bring you guys a coffee maker if Clinton promises NOT to kiss me with tongue.

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Gaerik on August 04, 2005, 12:40:47 PM
I'll bring you guys a coffee maker if Clinton promises NOT to kiss me with tongue.

I can make no such promise.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Luke

You guys are talking about carting hot beverages from a hotel room a half mile away through a crowded exhibition hall all the way to our circus-like booth?

Keith, kidding aside, if your ass shows up on Sunday hung over again -- like last year -- I will personally pack your shit up early so we can make space for people who're still working. You were useless last year when you were hung over. It was freaking depressing, man. And you know what? That goes for everyone. Color me a hard ass, but the booth is for one thing and one thing only: selling games. Zombification brings us all down.

-L

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: abzu on August 04, 2005, 03:42:47 PM
That goes for everyone. Color me a hard ass, but the booth is for one thing and one thing only: selling games. Zombification brings us all down.

Hear, hear, again! Not selling games equals not at booth, but I think Ron's established that.

And for the record, I'm bringing a big thermos so coffee can be brought to the booth. That plus a few styrofoam cups equals awesome.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jasper the Mimbo

For those of you that just gotta hit the sauce, here's a little advice from a guy who's been working in a bar since he was old enough to do so.

Gatorade!

Puts back into you everything that drinking takes out, exept for the vomit. A one liter bottle the morning after with two tylenol will put someone who's mostly dead back on his feet in about an hour. Now you can have your fun, still function like a human and do your job.

Oh, for my other two cents, Ben, you can count on me to pitch in some cash and go get supplies so that the important folks don't have to. Lets here it for real food.
List of people to kill. (So far.)

1. Andy Kitowski
2. Vincent Baker
3. Ben Lehman
4. Ron Edwards
5. Ron Edwards (once isn't enough)

If you're on the list, you know why.

btrc

It seems that if we're going to have a real coffee maker, then someone ought to bring one of those pump carafes, or a big thermos, or some other means of getting a lot of hot coffee to the booth and keeping it hot for a while. Similarly, milk and sugar, but we can probably snag non-dairy creamer (blech!) and sugar from the concession area. I'm bringing some of the boxed, uber-pasteurized milk for my morning cereal and I can donate a few of those for coffee purposes.

Greg Porter

Jasper the Mimbo

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on August 04, 2005, 04:19:18 PM
Quote from: abzu on August 04, 2005, 03:42:47 PM
And for the record, I'm bringing a big thermos so coffee can be brought to the booth. That plus a few styrofoam cups equals awesome.

Quote from: btrc on August 05, 2005, 07:21:25 AM
someone ought to bring one of those pump carafes, or a big thermos, or some other means of getting a lot of hot coffee to the booth and keeping it hot for a while.

Hrmm. Problem solved. Heh, heh.
List of people to kill. (So far.)

1. Andy Kitowski
2. Vincent Baker
3. Ben Lehman
4. Ron Edwards
5. Ron Edwards (once isn't enough)

If you're on the list, you know why.