News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Revised Revised Edition of Conspiracy of Shadows?

Started by Luke, July 16, 2005, 06:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on July 19, 2005, 10:32:18 AM
What is this? Some kind of Asian supplement for the Conspiracy of Yesterday's Shadow? Because that's what we need: another poorly-done "like Japan, but different" game by some white guy from Chicago.

Actually it is like Argentina but different.  You see I exhaustively researched the history of South America and found the dynamic of Argentinian history perfect for my terminal velocity system, which was designed to be like The Shadow of Last Week, but better.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

urbwar

another question: Will their be conversion notes to run Burning Conspiracy of the Shadow Wheel with Trollbabes in the Vineyard, My life with Abzu or Kill Puppies for the Charnel Gods?
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: urbwar on July 19, 2005, 10:39:57 AM
My life with Abzu

Oh, man, timeout. That made me snort coffee straight through my nose. Holy shit. And Keith: "The Shadow of Last Week?" Awesome.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

urbwar

Quote from: Bob Goat on July 19, 2005, 10:36:03 AM
  You see I exhaustively researched the history of South America and found the dynamic of Argentinian history perfect for my terminal velocity system, which was designed to be like The Shadow of Last Week, but better.

Keith

Is the Shadow of Last Week anything like a week long Twelve O'Clock Shadow?
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on July 19, 2005, 10:43:21 AM
Oh, man, timeout. That made me snort coffee straight through my nose. Holy shit. And Keith: "The Shadow of Last Week?" Awesome.

Dro and I actually contemplated a game of My Life with Abzu after playing My Life with Master with Mike Miller at last year's UberCon. Luke was not pleased.

drozdal

Quote from: Thor Olavsrud on July 19, 2005, 10:45:08 AM
Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on July 19, 2005, 10:43:21 AM

Dro and I actually contemplated a game of My Life with Abzu after playing My Life with Master with Mike Miller at last year's UberCon. Luke was not pleased.

Clinton, we played MLWA using unnoficial LARP rules - that was the longest LARP I've ever played (and most painfull one too).

Who's that Luke guy anyway? Is he from Chicago?

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: drozdal on July 19, 2005, 12:17:29 PMWho's that Luke guy anyway? Is he from Chicago?

Can't be.  We don't serve his kind here.  He'll have to wait outside with R2.

Keith
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

Matt Wilson

I could never get into CoS. I didn't like the whole Scripted Conspiring thing.

Like, I put 'wink and nod' for the first volley, but then he writes 'wear tartan plaid and make hand gesture,' and fuck if I know how to resolve that.

drozdal

Quote from: Matt Wilson on July 19, 2005, 09:36:18 PM
I could never get into CoS. I didn't like the whole Scripted Conspiring thing.

Like, I put 'wink and nod' for the first volley, but then he writes 'wear tartan plaid and make hand gesture,' and fuck if I know how to resolve that.
Matt, please wait for that Companion that supposedly is coming out on GenCon (I heard rumours, that Mr. Senkowsky will explain Scripted Conspiring more clearly in it).

Larry L.

My sister's boyfriend's friend who works for Alliance(!) told me that Bob Goat, president of Bob Goat Games, got fired from the Forge for stealing ideas from Luke Wilson, creator of Bernie's Wheel RPG, and for not properly crediting his contributors.

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: Larry Lade on July 21, 2005, 03:27:49 PM
My sister's boyfriend's friend who works for Alliance(!) told me that Bob Goat, president of Bob Goat Games, got fired from the Forge for stealing ideas from Luke Wilson, creator of Bernie's Wheel RPG, and for not properly crediting his contributors.

That asshole! I'm totally boycotting everything he and Luke Wilson put out.

Keith Senkowski

I can neither confirm or deny the firing of Bob Goat or the alleged plagerism of Luke Wilson's game, Bernie's Wheel.  However, I am pleased to announce the release of:

Bernie's Wheel II
ernie may be dead, but he's still the life of the party!!

Keith

Larry L.

Wait... wouldn't it sound better if you called it "Revised Edition?"

drozdal

Quote from: Larry Lade on July 21, 2005, 05:35:59 PM
Wait... wouldn't it sound better if you called it "Revised Edition?"
I'd roll with Two Bernie's Wheels

Marhault

This has got to be the funniest damn thread on the Forge!