News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, July 17, 2005, 02:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

In that thread, when I click on the "Plagiarism. good plagiarism" link, it just takes me back to the Forge home page.  I'm using IE with all the most recent patches, so I don't think it's my browser. :(

Peace,

-Troy

Ben Lehman

How do I access and use Moderator features?  (particularly sticky threads.)

yrs--
--Ben

Larry L.

I have verified the issue Troy is having.

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Larry Lade on July 18, 2005, 11:30:04 AM

I have just fixed it. Good call.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Rob Carriere

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on July 17, 2005, 10:35:18 AM
Seriously, is this thing faster? It feels like I'm driving a race car over here.
It's not you, it's not a race car, this thing flies.
SR
--

Paul Czege

Yep, it is fast. It also renders much nicer on my phone with the images turned off than the previous code did. Partly because more of the buttons have alt text, so it's much more user friendly in that regard, but also in other ways. The text in the tables wraps better, so I don't have to do that pain-in-the-ass back-and-forth horizontal panning to read a line of text. I'm liking it.

And a question: is there any way to set my profile so my signature doesn't always appear? Where I have to check a box when I post if I do want it to appear?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Paul Czege on July 18, 2005, 02:00:18 PM
Yep, it is fast. It also renders much nicer on my phone with the images turned off than the previous code did. Partly because more of the buttons have alt text, so it's much more user friendly in that regard, but also in other ways. The text in the tables wraps better, so I don't have to do that pain-in-the-ass back-and-forth horizontal panning to read a line of text. I'm liking it.

Paul - if you like that, try this:

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?wap2

And a question: is there any way to set my profile so my signature doesn't always appear? Where I have to check a box when I post if I do want it to appear?

It's funny - I don't see an option. It's on my list of things to investigate.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Warren

Is there something that can be done about the font used? I find the text very
difficult to read follow and concentrate upon (maybe because it's sans-serif?) - especially in large posts, which are not rare at the Forge. It's really turned reading this site from a pleasure into a chore, I'm afraid.

I'm reading this in Firefox if that matters.

Nick Brooke

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on July 18, 2005, 11:34:14 AM
Quote from: Larry Lade on July 18, 2005, 11:30:04 AM
I have just fixed it. Good call.

I'm still having problems clicking on links to old threads. They all take me to the Forge home page. (Using IE6 with all patches, natch).

Cheers, Nick
Lokarnos.com
Your index to all the best Gloranthan websites

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Nick Brooke on July 18, 2005, 04:10:13 PM

I'm still having problems clicking on links to old threads. They all take me to the Forge home page. (Using IE6 with all patches, natch).

Please provide an example link.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Nathan P.

Heya,

In my most recent forum read I've been getting weird text wrapping issues (I noticed in this thread and have seen it since then in most other threads). I keep my browser window at about 3/4 the width of my display, and it looks like it cuts off the last couple letters of some lines. If I expand my window all the way they appear. I'm browsing with Firefox 1.0.3 on a Powerbook. If it's a browser issues, that's fine, but if not...
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Matt Snyder

Clinton,

Am I overlooking a delete post button function? Thor posted a duplicate post in the Chimera Creative form, and I can't figure out how to delete the duplicate.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Luke

is just me, or are there no more Announcement or Sticky options for Moderators?

thanks,
-Luke

Clinton R. Nixon

Luke,

Click "Additional options" when you post. Sticky's there. Announcement's gone and is just sticky.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

John Harper

Love the new software, Clinton. Thanks for all your hard work getting it up and running. I'm not crazy about the font, but you can't please everyone. I do find quote boxes all but unreadable now, though. They're black text on dark purple at what appears to be 4 pixel type. Yeah... I know... bitch bitch bitch. :-)
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!