News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Burning Wheel Nominated for Two Ennies!

Started by Luke, July 18, 2005, 01:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

My brothers, it is time to raise our spears in defiance, summon our hatred and charge into the light with howling fury!

Call forth the hordes of fell goblins, hunting wolves, stalking spiders and brutal trolls. Speak the forbidden names of demons. Rail against the light. Topple the towers of the Old Order and erect our Bastions of Hatred on their graves.

Fly, my brothers, fly! Seek them in their beds, in their homes, in their temples. Come upon them while they lie at rest and show no mercy. Now is the hour of victory! Strike swiftly! Now may we drive our black spear home, into the heart of this decrepit and hateful world. Show them! Show them what is truth and right! Show them that those scorned shall be master.

Vote.
Now.

http://www.enworld.org/ennies/index.php?do=nominees

Best Rules:
Burning Wheel (Burning Wheel)

Best Adversary/Monster Product:
Monster Burner (Burning Wheel)

Vote here:
http://www.enworld.org/ennies/index.php?do=vote

Best Game:
Honorable mention: Burning Wheel (Burning Wheel)

It appears that there will be a write-in slot available for Best Publisher and Best Game. I think we should all keep checking back at Enworld. Alternately, you could write to the folks at the Ennies and as them how to submit write in votes.

subs.ennies@gmail.com
-Luke

Mike Holmes

Congrats on the nominations, Luke! I found out on Tony's forum - he, too, has been nominated.

I wonder if Mr. Mearls might at all be behind the move to expanding the awards to non-D20 products? In any case, it's interesting. And I was just bitching about the weirdness this year with the Origins awards. Perhaps we shouldn't worry too much about them anymore (I feel sorry for the wargamers, now)?

Anyhow, I'll keep my eye open for that write in box for best game. So I can write in Dogs... Just kidding! ;-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Crothian

Hi, I'm one of the people behind the ENnies and just wanted to clarify the above statement.  Mike Mearls is not involved any with the ENnies this year.  Our move to inlcude all RPGs started ourselves 2 years ago and then when Gen Con asked us to be there awards they also insisted we continue being open to all RPGs.  Our awards as you may know come from the d20 awards and so while we are firmly supported by many of those publishers and the fans it has been a struggle to at times to gain acceptance by the RPG community and keep the orginal fans happy that frankly hate that we are not d20 only any more. 

Congradulations on the nomination, it was well deserved.  I have been very impressed with Burning Wheel and while I am not playing it have managed to borrow some ideas from it to include in my own game.  Best of luck to you, any questions or comments anyone has can be posted here and I'll see them.  I'm a long time lurker round these parts.