News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[News] Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition

Started by Keith Senkowski, July 18, 2005, 03:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Senkowski

Its official.  Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition is available for purchase.  Not only that, but the rules are now available for free under the Creative Commons License.  Feel free to post any questions in my forum or continue the discussion over at RPG.net

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Luke

Hey Keith,

Saw the Revised CoS this weekend at Dexcon. Looks great. Love the redesign and the mechanics seem much more focused than the first go 'round.

good job!

-Luke

Darren Hill

I already have a Conspiracy of Shadows: Revisied Edition, downloaded from the Forge Bookshelf some time ago (well, at least a few weeks back). Is this the same edition or a revised revised edition?

The file is named: "CoS_rev.pdf" and is reported by windows as 16020KB, with a create date of 13/06/2004 (but that might be just when I downloaded it).

It does say on the credits page that portions of this text are Creative Commons.

Thor Olavsrud

Keith, all kidding aside, the new book looks great. The size is perfect (as far as I'm concerned), the cover is evocative and the art is gorgeous as ever. I'm excited by what I saw rules-wise, and I'm looking forward to trying a demo at GenCon!

Keith Senkowski

Thanks for the kind word guys.  I'm glad ya dig it.

Quote from: demiurgeastaroth on July 18, 2005, 07:31:56 PM
I already have a Conspiracy of Shadows: Revisied Edition, downloaded from the Forge Bookshelf some time ago (well, at least a few weeks back). Is this the same edition or a revised revised edition?

Same edition.  The PDF got released earlier because I was waiting for my copies to be printed. 

Keith
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

urbwar

I'm planning on getting 2 copies in a few weeks. The first supplement is due out by GenCon you say?
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: urbwar on July 19, 2005, 10:32:19 AM
I'm planning on getting 2 copies in a few weeks. The first supplement is due out by GenCon you say?

Sweet.  The first supplement will be out for GenCon.  It being edited right now.  I got some suckers to take a look at it pro-bono.  It's 32 pages of essays, toolkits and some of the better stuff from the website.

Some time in the near future, I will be posting up Conspiracies at War for free on the site.  Its a complete war game (an idea I stole from Clinton).  Going to have a bunch of scenarios (color maps and counters to print up).  I've been playtesting it using stratego pieces with stickers on them, so the counters will likely be both stickers and cut and fold types.

After that I am going to take a break from CoS for a little while and finish my political drama game which has the code name title of Lies, Damn Lies.

Of course, as always, I'll be adding stuff to the 101 Ideas.  I got 5 more ready to go, but I need to finish a logo I promised first.

Keith

Rob Donoghue

Just worth noting, the new size and the new cover, shallow as those reasons are, were enough to get my gaming dollar at Dexcon, so bravo.

-Rob D.
Rob Donoghue
<B>Fate</B> -
www.faterpg.com

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Rob Donoghue on July 20, 2005, 10:58:31 AM
Just worth noting, the new size and the new cover, shallow as those reasons are, were enough to get my gaming dollar at Dexcon, so bravo.

-Rob D.

I'm not one to complain about why folks buy the game.  Thanks for the purchase.  I really dig the new size and cover too.  I find it to be much more appropriate to the game.  Thanks again!

Keith "Still not afraid of Luke and Droz" Senkowski