News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What's the appropriate forum?

Started by Robert Bohl, July 18, 2005, 12:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bohl

Which is the appropriate forum to discuss our feelings and experiences at a convention?  In this case, I'd like to find or begin a thread about DexCon 8.
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

Adam Dray

The Conventions forum is appropriate.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

Robert Bohl

Quote from: Adam Dray on July 18, 2005, 12:47:40 PM
The Conventions forum is appropriate.
Ok, that seemed like it to me too, but I still felt I should ask.  The "what this forum is for" thingie said that it was to organize in anticipation of a convention.  Anyway, thanks.
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

Ron Edwards

Well hold on there, quickie guys.

Rob, you'll figure it out if you consider your actual plans/issues for the post itself.

If you want to talk about actual play, then the Actual Play forum is best. If there are any issues about that particular experience that are affected by being at a convention, then bring'em in as part of the discussion.

If you want to talk about a particular convention as an experience or as a phenomenon, then the Conventions forum is best. If actual play experiences are relevant to your points about that, then bring'em in as part of the discussion.

If you want to talk about conventions as a more general issue (e.g. how they affect play, publishing, or whatever), then the RPG Theory forum is best. Bring in the details as necessary for the point under discussion.

Best,
Ron

Adam Dray

Sorry 'bout that, Ron. I made a bad assumption based on his "feelings and experiences" qualifier. I can see the difference in what you suggested.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777