News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

This is our Website

Started by Ben Lehman, July 23, 2005, 08:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lehman

The TAO Games website is (partially) up at http://www.tao-games.com

Go!

Look!

Thanks to Orie Hiromachi for the excellent site design.

Larry L.

Ben, I'm really happy with the artwork you used. I was lying awake at night in cold sweats fearing that crappy pencil illustrations of guys with swords looking tough would mar your fine text.

All in all, looks nice and professional.

Hey, there's a minor typo in my quote, after the word "can."

Emily Care

Gorgeous indeed!  Orie does great work.  Can't wait to see what she gets together for me, too.  I especially love the yinyang logo.

Noticed one typo on the News section.  Look forward to a mention/write up of Dexcon & upcoming debut at GenCon!
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

matthijs

Oh! Very nice art! Reminds me of Tekumel, in a way. I love the cover, and would be very tempted to buy the game if I saw it in the store. To me, it says "You don't know what this game is yet, and the designers have good and slightly weird tastes".

lumpley

(This isn't Vincent.  Actually, it's me, Ben.  I just accidentally posted with his account, as I'm kicking it here in Greenfield presently.)

Thanks.  The art is all by Boris Artzybasheff, a famous illustrator from the first half of the century.  It is his illustrations for the book "The Wondersmith and His Son" by Ella Young (a book of folk tales)

I like it tons, myself!

yrs--
--Ben

matthijs

If it's not a business secret, could you tell us how you got permission to use the art? (It's not in the public domain yet, is it...? In Norway, at least, art goes into the public domain 70 years after the artist dies).

Shreyas Sampat

I'm so glad you got Boris's art for Polaris.

John Harper

Wow. I LOVE this artwork! Excellent choice, Ben. It couldn't be more perfect.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Remko

Wow, Ben, I'm astounded about the artwork of your site... Really nice style. I must say you've sparked my interest in your games with this.
Remko van der Pluijm

Working on:
1. Soviet Soviet Politics, my November Ronnie
2. Sorcerer based on Mars Volta's concept album 'Deloused in the Comatorium'

Kesher

Geez, I guess I coulda read this thread before asking you on yer blog where the art is from...

Aaron

Ben Lehman

The source for the artwork is also on the page.

yrs--
--Ben

Kesher

I really like the alternate character sheet, too.  Dammit, I'm gonna have to make time to play your damn game again!

Aaron

Jason Morningstar

Hey Ben,

The site looks great.  I wish we had the chance to play Polaris at YukiCon! 

Since I intend to use public domain art for all my projects, I'm curious about the art you are using - what's up with Boris Artzybasheff?  Did you license it, is it public domain, or what?  It is heart-poundingly awesome. 

Best regards,

Jason

Ben Lehman

Unfortunately, I've been advised by legal council not to talk publically about the art.

Sorry, everyone.  If you get me in person, I'd be happy to tell you the long, involved story behind my using it.

yrs--
--Ben

Jason Morningstar

OK, I'll take you up on that.  If it was troublesome to work out the details, it was definitely worth it.

--Jason