News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Spirit of the Century

Started by iago, August 02, 2005, 08:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Here's a preview page for Spirit of the Century -- a project we hope to have published in PDF/POD form in Fall of this year:

http://www.evilhat.com/spirit/

Spooky Fanboy

SWOOOON!

This and Normal, Texas are really whetting my pulp appetite.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

iago

Awesome. Glad to see it grabbed you!

Lord_Steelhand

Quote from: iago on August 02, 2005, 08:56:53 AM
Here's a preview page for Spirit of the Century -- a project we hope to have published in PDF/POD form in Fall of this year

Looks great!  Any more specifi date now that we are cusping on October?
Judd M. Goswick
Legion Gaming Society

iago

Quote from: Lord_Steelhand on September 30, 2005, 05:06:25 PM
Looks great!  Any more specifi date now that we are cusping on October?

Sorry it took me a while to respond to this -- I was overseas.

We don't have a specific date yet, due to some "text flux" -- there's been a solid amount of internal debate over where to settle the rules.  That said, the hat gnomes have been working hard on this question while I've been abroad, and I hear we're at about 98% on cementing the rules stuff.  Once that's done, we can race for the finish.

Lord_Steelhand

Quote from: iago on October 11, 2005, 08:53:42 AM
We don't have a specific date yet

Any new news on this game?  I am greatly looking forward to it.
Judd M. Goswick
Legion Gaming Society

iago

At the moment, the status is "we think we've worked out the kinks in the system revision, and then, our day jobs ate us utterly."  Even so we've had some solid opportunities to playtest things, and the core is working pretty well.

In the end, we're definitely falling victim to the not-our-full-time-job situation.  We're still committed to getting it out there, but as always, once we state dates, we're pretty much doomed to miss them.  I thought we could get around it this time, with stating seasons instead of dates, but even that vague commitment was enough for destiny to goose us.

Lord_Steelhand

Quote from: iago on December 14, 2005, 11:12:34 AMIn the end, we're definitely falling victim to the not-our-full-time-job situation.

This is understandable.  I think most gamers are of the opinion that they will wait for quality, and I can't imagine a FATE pulp game wouldn't deliver on that.  If you would like some more playtesters for Spirit (or any of your games) my group would be glad to help.  We have really been enjoying FATE, as I discuss in another thread.

PM me if need be.
Judd M. Goswick
Legion Gaming Society