News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Half Meme Press First Annual Unplanned Contest

Started by Paul Czege, August 02, 2005, 10:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Czege

I just approved the proof of a roleplaying game. And the printer is tracking to have books to me for Gen Con. So I'm geeked, and decided to have a fun contest. The first person to guess the game gets a free copy of it (retail value $4.00). Here's the two rules:

• Submit your guess by posting on this thread. You only get one guess, so use it wisely.

• If you already know the game whereof I speak, either because I told you about it, or because I accidently copied you in on an email intended for someone else, or because someone I told not to tell about it actually told you about it, or because you live with me, you're disqualified from the contest.

I think I can say that it's not an impossible challenge. The clues are out there. But it'll definitely require some perceptivity and creative inference.

I'll try to hit this thread at least once a day to confirm/disconfirm guesses.

Good luck,

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

matthijs

"My Life with The Forge"? Where the minions are forum newbies, each scene is a new Big Model thread, and those who make it through the endgame end up with their own theory blogs?

Paul Czege

Matthijs, not correct, but it sounds like fun.

Ben, not correct, but an excellent guess.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

TonyLB

Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Ben Lehman

But it will be correct sometime in the future, right?  Nicotine Girls is the best.

yrs--
--Ben

Joshua Patterson

"How to part Joshua from his money"?

"My Life with Master d20"?

"The Half Selfish Gene"?
- Joshua Patterson

ejh

If I wasn't disqualified, I'd be saying "My Life With Master: d20 Edition"

Joshua Patterson

Quote from: ejh on August 02, 2005, 01:12:26 PM
If I wasn't disqualified, I'd be saying "My Life With Master: d20 Edition"

Hah!!  Beat you by 30 seconds.  :)
- Joshua Patterson

ejh

30 seconds late and a dollar short as usual....

quozl

--- Jonathan N.
Currently playtesting Frankenstein's Monsters

Andrew Morris

Download: Unistat

Paul Czege

Tony, not correct. (But if I could only figure how to get people to play it!)

Ben, thanks. (And maybe. Maybe next year. It just keeps getting cruelly bumped down the priority list by other projects.)

Joshua, one guess to a customer. (But none correct. Bring your $4 to Gen Con.)

Ed, you're disqualified.

Jonathan, not correct. (That ain't no game. It's a gauntlet!)

Paul

Paul Czege

Andrew, not correct. (But at some point lightning will strike and I'll realize how to fix the mechanics, and then...)

Paul

Paul Czege

Okay, so I told you it wouldn't be easy. I believe it's time for a hint:

I will not be selling a pdf version of this game.

Paul