News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Half Meme Press First Annual Unplanned Contest

Started by Paul Czege, August 02, 2005, 10:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Nicotine Trollbabes? 'Cause that would be awesome.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

GB Steve

Quote from: Paul Czege on August 04, 2005, 09:01:47 AMI will not be selling a pdf version of this game.
Damn you Czege, what about us poor foreigners! I guess I'll just have to find someone to raid the Forge stall for me.

As for my guess(es), The Forge? Follow the Yellow Crack Road - a psychotronic game of cars, drugs, ruby slippers and small dogs. How far will you go to get back home?

lumpley

ethan_greer

Dragonlance: A New Beginning.

Heh heh heh.

I have no idea for an actual guess, but thanks to this thread I am now imensely curious.

ethan_greer

Shit, I also meant to ask, will it be available outside of GenCon?

Paul Czege

Clinton, not correct. But damn, what's more painful, girls who lack the skills to achieve their dreams, or girls who ruin their own lives in the process of helping others? (I'm not sure I could write another one of these.)

Ethan, not correct. But I promise availability if you're not at GenCon.

Vincent, you are not disqualified.

Steve, not correct. But see my response to Ethan.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Mike Holmes

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Paul Czege

Mike, not correct. But a great guess; that one's definitely in the oven.

Paul
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Gordon C. Landis

If you've written "Your '50's Name - an RPG add-on for bowling,"  I"m pissed.  Because I was going to do that . . .

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

Paul Czege

Gordon, not correct. (We can probably negotiate a quit claim fee if you're worried about competition for that idea.)

Paul

Paul Czege

The printer beat my expectations. I have the books in hand! And so, a second hint:

My Life with Master takes place in "the vague setting of an unspecified central European country, somewhere around 1805, in and around an unnamed town." This game is more specific, down to the exact year, season, city, and country in which the events of play take place.[/list]

Paul

Paul Czege

Okay, the third hint, a visual one for visual thinkers, in the style of Concentration:

concentration.jpg[/list]

(Danielle rolled the d30. And yes, Ed's disqualified because it's his artwork!)

Paul

Larry L.

I know I'm missing a word here. However, I will not allow this goddam contest to consume any more of my Saturday afternoon, so I'm going to guess:

Bacchanal

GB Steve

I found a couple of references to Bachanalia. Tolstoy painted a picture in 1808, and Schopenhauer talks about it too, in The World as Will and Idea in 1818.

Paul Czege

Larry, that is correct. Congratulations! You got it just from the Concentration puzzle, and not from having read my pseudonymously submitted entry to the Game Chef competition and thinking it had my stylistic fingerprint? (Score one for visual thinkers.) Are you going to be at GenCon? If not, PM me your mailing address.

(Incidentally, our playtest was a blast, and actually resulted in just very minor changes.)

Mike, I apologize for getting up your nose on the Game Chef forums.

Vincent, I apologize for lying to you on the phone.

Paul

I wrote and submitted it as M. Paul Buja. My Life with Master is a multiply award-winning game. I didn't want that to influence the judges.