News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Booth: Price List

Started by TonyLB, August 02, 2005, 12:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

Quote from: Valamir on August 04, 2005, 10:38:41 AM
BTW:  Tony, when you have your list of companies and products complete, please forward to me so I can begin to see to the programming of the register.  We'll need a drop dead deadline for getting that pricing in, for anyone who hasn't provided it already.  I know last year I had to chase after a few folks to get the numbers in.
I'm chasing people in PM as we speak.  I'm hoping to get the complete list to you tomorrow.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Valamir

Quote from: timfire on August 04, 2005, 10:45:57 AM
If I may suggest it, people should PM Ralph about their preferred method for handling retailor discounts. That way this thread won't turn into a "me too" thread.

Good point about the me toos Tim.

But honestly, I'm not really the person who needs to be consulted.  The primary booth sponsors need to make the call as to how they want it handled at the booth.  I'm not one of those this year. 

Emily Care

Hi Tony,

Update on my prices.  Please change my retail discount price to $7.

Thanks to all for the discussion of what retail prices mean to folks & are for.

best,
Emily

Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Clinton R. Nixon

This is going to go on until GenCon, I think. My update:

City of Brass. $12.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Luke

hi tony,

you can price all my stuff at 50% MSRP for retailers.

also, to save yourself trouble and confusion, you can remove akashic nodes, dawning star and all the other IPR titles that won't be at the Forge booth.

-L

Paul Czege

Half Meme Press games:

My Life with Master: $13
    Bacchanal: $4

Retailer discount: 50%

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

timfire

I believe Ron's going to have a print version of Trollbabe exclusively for the convention. Tony (or whoever) should PM him and ask about it, as I didn't see it on the list.
--Timothy Walters Kleinert

ShawnHel

Hey Guys,

I decieded to end my lurkerhood to chime in a little here.

I'm Shawn Helmueller, I work at a game store in the Minneapolis area called Source Comics and Games, we were one of the retailers who bought games at the Forge booth last year and we plan on doing so again this year.  I really happy that this initiative has been taken, I plan on going through the list of games with our games purchaser later today (this is a pretty big game store, it employs around 20 so we have differnt procurment guys).

I'll try to keep thing short in this thread and talk more about why we like to buy your stuff at your booth and how a retailer discount makes that posible in the other thread.  But suffice it to say actually being there to look at the games and being able to pick them up at one place, at one time saves us a world of time and effort and we like that.  We want to be a store that promotes gaming of all kinds, and support our costomers by bring and exposing them to games like yours.  One thing I really want to push this year is follow up on getting games we've sold through (BTW in case your curious we sold through about 75% of the games we purchased at the booth last year, and Matt, our Dust Devils copies sold in under a week and Nine Worlds in around 6 months, a little better that you might think).  So we would definitely like to exchange cards with everyone.

One problem that came up last year, and we will want to do this again this year, is we will want to pay with a buisness check again this year.  Last year someone was kind enough to take it and pay everyone else off.  I just though I would like to bring that issue up before the show.

If anyone has any questions, drop me a line.

I look forward to talking to everyone (that I can at least) next week.

Thanks all,
Shawn Helmueller

Clinton R. Nixon

Shawn,

Welcome to the Forge, and thanks for that!

And just in case anyone around here thought I'd turned into some sort of communist revolutionary, this is exactly what I was talking about when I said that I was only interested in selling to retailers that I have a relationship with. Shawn here knows what we're doing, and is interested, and wants to sell some of our games. Awesome, and hopefully, he'll leave with a copy of TSOY.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Matt Snyder

Hello, Shawn!

I'm echoing Clinton's statement above. That's the kind of personal connection I'm talking about, too.  I remember you specifically coming through the booth.

Quote(BTW in case your curious we sold through about 75% of the games we purchased at the booth last year, and Matt, our Dust Devils copies sold in under a week and Nine Worlds in around 6 months, a little better that you might think).

Fantastic!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

ShawnHel

QuoteI remember you specifically coming through the booth.

That probably was Burl Zorn our games buyer.  Altough I was there pulling him from place to place by the nose (including the Forge booth) because he was so busy.  He will be the guy I'm pulling around this year too (except this year I actually work for the store), he will do the actual buying...

We have a relationship with Key20 and I've found out we are going to forge a relationship with IPR at the show so a lot of you guys will be covered, and that's good.  Hopefully this will make things easier, but we still plan to stop buy and pick up stuff from those of you not covered, and since I will have more free time I want to stop by and look at some games (becuase I may work at a game store but I'm still a game geek, I especially love the indies).

-Shawn Helmueller