News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New to the Forge and Sorcerer

Started by Ace, March 16, 2002, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

I just thought I'd jump into the discussions feet first.

I recently picked up Sorcerer at my FLGS (I broke down, it was on sale for $12)  and I was just stunned by the quality.

I am used to playing system heavy games like GURPS with the rules off. The problem was  complexity issues and rules arguements can ruin versimilitude very quickly.

I would rather just play thank you very much

I must say its nice to find a game designed with the my play style in mind.

Bailywolf

Welcome on board.  The Forge has proven to be one of my favorite sites, and hopefully we can make it one of yours.

Look around, read a few of the back-posts.  Feel free to ask questions- it's one of the most civil and flame-free sites I've ever seen.

Ron Edwards

Hi Ace! and welcome to the Forge.

Any and all questions about Sorcerer are happily accepted, so fire away or otherwise just let us know about what you'd like to do with the game.

Oh yeah, and you might let your retailer know that he was a Great Guy for carrying the game - and maybe oughta reorder it.

Best,
Ron

Ace

Quote from: Ron EdwardsHi Ace! and welcome to the Forge.

Any and all questions about Sorcerer are happily accepted, so fire away or otherwise just let us know about what you'd like to do with the game.

Oh yeah, and you might let your retailer know that he was a Great Guy for carrying the game - and maybe oughta reorder it.

Best,
Ron

I will ask him to reorder it or get some in if I start an in store play group. Unfortunately  I doubt he will as I am the biggest buyer of Indy and less played games in my area. The general rule is "If it isn't  D20, Palladium, GURPS, or White Wolf it gets one shot."

Unfortunetely I am usually the one shot. Gamers here are Nyekulturniy (uncultured if you forgive my Bad russian) as all get up.

Oh well at least I have a FLGS and a few good gamers.

Still I will be ordering Sword and Sorcerer and The Sorcerers Soul soon enough,
Just a last note, this is the only game for which I would consider buying a PDF supplement.
Thast no small feat.

AndyGuest

I know what it's like to be the one person who buys the 'odd' stuff. I'm sure my store owner looks at new titles no-one has ever heard of and thinks 'I'll get one in, Andy'll buy it if no-one else does'.

Back to Sorceror, I got both Sorceror and Sorceror's Soul of the shelves and they managed to order me in a copy of Sorceror and Sword in about three days, not bad for a store in the god-forsaken, frozen north-east of Scotland.