News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Why can't we change the theme?

Started by timfire, August 08, 2005, 03:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timfire

As in, the look of the forum? Just wondering.
--Timothy Walters Kleinert

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: timfire on August 08, 2005, 03:20:51 PM
As in, the look of the forum? Just wondering.

Ask Ron.

As for my opinion, it's that you guys never asked this sort of stuff before I changed the forums to better software and so I'm baffled as to why you want to - or if you did before, why you didn't speak up.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ron Edwards

Hiya,

It's important both to Clinton and to me that everyone experiences the Forge the same way.

Best,
Ron

Shreyas Sampat

Care to explain that in more detail, Ron?

As you know, it's pretty much an unenforceable goal, and I can't see any purpose behind it other than, "I like it that way."

I'm not, like, objecting to that reason, I just find it somewhat mysterious and hope that you will illuminate.

Ron Edwards

Paganini

Clinton & Ron,

Um, I'm a little confused, both by the question and by the answers. I never asked about this sort of thing before the forum software change change because... I didn't need to. I had the ability to change the theme with the old software. At least, the color scheme and fonts I was displaying were different from the default. It seems like the original question could be a bit clearer too... maybe by "theme" timfire is asking about the actual page layout or something.

timfire

Quote from: Paganini on August 09, 2005, 10:18:07 AM
I never asked about this sort of thing before the forum software change change because... I didn't need to. I had the ability to change the theme with the old software. At least, the color scheme and fonts I was displaying were different from the default.

Yeah, that was one of reasons I asked about the new software. But if that's the way Ron & Clinton want it... OK. The current theme is usable, though I wouldn't call myself a fan of it.

QuoteIt seems like the original question could be a bit clearer too... maybe by "theme" timfire is asking about the actual page layout or something.

In this regard, "theme" is a techincal term. IPR uses the same software for their forum, and there, if you go "Profile" >> "Look and Layout Preferences", the software gives you the option of changing the current "theme". I don't know how wide spread the use of the word "theme" is, but I know Wordpress also uses the term to describe the general look/layout of a site.
--Timothy Walters Kleinert