News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Capes] Floundering on Infinite Earths

Started by Larry L., August 09, 2005, 01:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickman

When we've played Capes the two things I've seen that don't help out our group at all are:

1) Just slapping together Click n Locks for the first scene to 'just get playing'. I know Capes is all kinds of cool, but unless you have a character on the table you are invested in (either I love this guy, or I hate this guy) then you've got nothing to help you buy into the game. Get someone to set up a Captain America esque good guy. Everyone hates the boy scouts.

2) When you're done with the first scene try making the second scene about some, or all, of the same characters. Sure, Capes can let you jet around the story like a whistle stop tour of the universe, but you still need something to be interested in. In your example, if the big bad thing swallowing earths turns up elsewhere, make a group of new heroes to kick it's lilly white booty. Keep momentum up and keep the interest up. If the first scene is full of forgetable characters and you move an hour later onto another scene with forgetable characters .. well, no wonder no-ones buying it.

I've fallen into these ditches a couple of times now, so hopefully I'll learn for next time :)
Dave