News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Sorcerer] Disciples of Christ

Started by pedyo, August 11, 2005, 12:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedyo

Hi all,
If it's alright with you guys (Ron?) I will use this thread to discuss my ideas as they pop up and develop and also - in due time - I'll relate how the game will eventually run. This includes presenting my dialogue with the players (since two of them haven't played rpgs before, I want to run a game or two of PTA and/or InSpectres before continuing with Sorcerer, so it'll be some time before we get to that). Hopefully, my own struggles with making this come alive can be helpful to others in my situation.
OK, here we go: this thread by Clinton http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=16572.0;topicseen made something fall into place (thoughts have been roaming my head because of some of you guys' posts here in the thread): demons will not be either good or evil as in Devil or God. Instead, I think it should be up to the players to interpret. Therefore, I will need to work a bit on the demons' powers. I am imagining that the demons will fx give the player characters the ability to - seemingly - perform miracles. If they are miracles - and if the powers come from The Holy Ghost or whatever will be the players' decision.
So - the PCs are disciples of Christ, roaming the country, fleeing the persecution and struggling to find out what to do about all their experiences with the Son of Man. They have made a pact with a demon that will grant them great powers - but at a price. I need ideas as to what the needs and desires of these demons are.
Will their dealings with the demons push them towards or away from Christ?
Thanks
Peter
Peter Dyring-Olsen

Ron Edwards

Hi Peter,

I think you're right on target with this game now.

Also, it is actually much more powerful and helpful to start new threads rather than have everything lumped into a single thread. When you get to the next step, dealing with your fellow participants and thinking about prep, start a new one.

Best,
Ron