News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Using Traits

Started by Darren Hill, August 11, 2005, 03:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Hill

Can a single player, in a single conflict, use multiple Traits.
Example: if the player could someho justify it, could Nate Spisak use both of his Trained Paramedic and Underworld Knowledge edges, as well as a connection or two, all on the same conflict roll?

Eero Tuovinen

The book's out there somewhere, but I don't need it to say that I never noticed any limitation. Where'd you get the idea?
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Darren Hill

Basically, because I couldn't find one and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it.
It was natural for me after reading: "you can use a Trait a number of times equal to Screen Presence" to then ask "but can you use them together?" Blame other games if you like. :)
I know there isn't one for fan mail, so I assume there isn't one - just looking for confirmation.

Matt Wilson

Darren:

Yes! Totally you can. Sorry that wasn't clearer.

Darren Hill

Darren Hill

A related question: when you create a Scene on your Personal Set, you can uncheck a Trait.
* Can you do this more than once a session?
* If other players (or the Producer) create a scene in your personal set, do you get the benefit?

Matt Wilson

QuoteCan you do this more than once a session?

I'd say yes you can, but if you kept going back to your set scene after scene, the other players might question your coolness as a player.

QuoteIf other players (or the Producer) create a scene in your personal set, do you get the benefit?

If your character is present, yes. Otherwise no.

Darren Hill

Yet Another related question :)
You can use Fan Mail to assist other players when your protagonist is not in the Scene. Can you mark off a use of a Connection to do the same - having your Connection turn up and provide assistance (or hindrance), and roll a die just like Fan Mail?

Matt Wilson

Quote from: Darren Hill on August 21, 2005, 05:02:09 PM
Yet Another related question :)
You can use Fan Mail to assist other players when your protagonist is not in the Scene. Can you mark off a use of a Connection to do the same - having your Connection turn up and provide assistance (or hindrance), and roll a die just like Fan Mail?

Well, I can't actually stop you. Not from way over here. But the rules say no.

You can spend fan mail and suggest that it's your protagonist's connection providing the assistance, but you can only apply traits if your protagonist is in the scene.