News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

POD printer round up

Started by Andrew Morris, August 11, 2005, 05:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris

Quote from: JakeVanDam on September 13, 2005, 02:33:46 AM
Do any other POD companys list their member's books on retail sites like Lightning Source does? Does anyone have an idea as to how good RPGMail's sales site is for sales and general exposure?

A game I'm working on is nearing the last stages of developement, so it's time to think about what to do with it, and POD may be what I need.

Booksurge does (especially Amazon, obviously... where their titles are listed as "shipped in 2 days").

William
Games from ComStar Media, LLC

www.creativestar-games.com
www.comstar-media.com

smokewolf

Does anyone know of a POD service that will do GM Screens? Other than RapidPOD (at least they list it on their website).
Keith Taylor
93 Games Studio
www.93gamesstudio.com

As Real As It Gets

Andrew Morris

Guys, not to sound like a moderator when I don't have that authority, but this thread was intended to serve as a resource for comparing the known POD printers out there, not to discuss specific points about which one has this or that particular service. I was primarily looking to gather a list of POD printers, rough approximation of costs for comparision, and any personal experiences that people had with the printers in question.

So, while Ron or Clinton may well rule that I'm off base here, I think this thread should remain for only its stated purposes (list of POD printers, price comparison, personal experiences), and any other discussions about POD printers and their services should be in their own threads. This thread seems to be losing focus.
Download: Unistat

Ron Edwards

Andrew,

As the starter of the thread, you do have some moderator authority, especially over its content. I support you in your current conclusions and in fact, think we should close this thread now. Sub-topics can be taken to new full threads.

Thanks for keeping an eye on the thread's content and bringing your attention to whether it's serving your originally-proposed goals.

Best,
Ron

Bardsandsages

I use Lulu

http://www.lulu.com/bardsandsages

Through their global distribution plan, your book will appear on Amazon and most online retailers, and is placed in the Ingrams catalog.  Lulu has an agreement with LSI to handle printing for the Global distribution.  I have been very happy with Lulu so far.  I have never had a problem with quality, or late shipments (not saying it doesn't happen, but it hasn't been an issue for me).  They provide me with my own storefront that I can promote to customers directly.  Some of us are also attempting to get an advertising co-op going in order to promote our RPGs and promote Lulu as more of a retail outlet. 
http://www.bardsandsages.com

Home of Neiyar: Land of Heaven and the Abyss, RPG and writer resources, fiction, contests, merchandise, and more.