News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GenCon] 3 tickets available, assistance needed!

Started by daMoose_Neo, August 13, 2005, 08:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daMoose_Neo

Let me say once more how much I hate retail.
One of my helper-monkeys for GenCon got their request denied for time off, effectively getting a swift kick in the ass while doing so. Several weeks ago, when it was assured he would have the time off, they fired another employee in my friend's department and haven't bothered to replace him, placing us in this situation. As it looks, he's not going, management was nice enough to inform him yesterday finally what the status of his request ultimately was.

SO, I have one ticket at least that I NEED filled to accomodate my schedule, running either my Imp Game or Final Twilight. All that is neccesary would be a 4 hour shift a day, fairly flexable on when it can be worked, we have games running 10 am to 10 pm.
I also have two other tickets available, as even my buffer GMs couldn't make it (both have college starting about the same time as GenCon weekend and need to be moved in).

PM me if you're interested, can save a monkey some cash if you don't already have a ticket and don't mind being someone else for four days ^_^
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

LordSmerf

Just to be clear: what exactly is it that you're offering here?  Is this just a GenCon badge, or are you talking about housing/travel/food expenses as well?  I'm guessing the former, but it's not entirely clear from your post.

Thomas
Current projects: Caper, Trust and Betrayal, The Suburban Crucible

daMoose_Neo

Forgive me, it is only the badge, with an eye on folks who are attending, but haven't gotten a badge yet.
To be perfectly frank, I'd be open to someone taking a 2 hour shift a day, as that would give my accompanyment a break to get away from the game tables for a walk about. Twilight is broken up into 2 hour blocks, so one or two of those a day when someone has some down time and I'll give you the ticket~ Thats essentially what I need, someone to relieve someone for a short period so that its easier for me to rotate my helpers who *can* come.
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Ron Edwards

Hello,

You keep saying "ticket." What is a ticket?

Also, to be very clear for everyone, Forge booth people are not available for this purpose during their half-day commitments to the shared booth.

Best,
Ron

daMoose_Neo

Oy, my focus/train of thought is a little off. Badge. A 4 day GM Badge.
I've managed to clear things up locally and have the hand needed, so my events are covered. I still have two 4 day badges available if any available, non commited soul would like to save $70 in exchange for a couple hours.
Nate Petersen / daMoose

Andy Kitkowski

If you don't mind the Grand Lottery, I'd say try RPGNet's Open forum would be a good place to sell these last-minute items.  I think you'd find some people who've always wanted to work on the other side of (any) exhibitors' booth, and would gladly offer up a few hours learning and peddling your game to do that.

If you can, of course, try to screen the folks.  An obnoxious prat will make us all look bad.

Good luck!

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

daMoose_Neo

Being Forge related, I would rather like to keep it "in the family" so to speak. Already got one bite from a Forgite, so thats just gravy for me now ^_^
Its a lot of stress off your chest when you can fill those schedules ^_^
Nate Petersen / daMoose

Ron Edwards

There still seems to be a little confusion about one thing, so I shall be extra clear: Nate is not talking about people coming to work the actual Forge booth. These are not booth-monkey badges. They relate only to his demo games.

Best,
Ron