News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Other Trollbabe Rules Changes

Started by jburneko, August 16, 2005, 01:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jburneko

Hello Ron,

So, I noticed in the other thread you mentioned one of the reasons that the print version of Trollbabe wasn't going to happen is that your desire to "heal gamers" has diminished to zero.  I totally get that so, no complaints here.

However...

My understanding was that there was some substantial rules changes besides just a rewrite of "how to play this game..."  I know about the Social Range change.  I did a search and the only other change I could find was something about Magic Conflict not working in a snap-shot fashion.  The post mentioned penalties but didn't detail the penalties.

The print version of Elfs had a lot of rules changes that I felt really improved the game.  I had been hoping the print version of Trollbabe would have ofered the same (if needed, in your view).  So, did I miss read what the contents of the print version of Trollbabe contained?

Jesse

Ron Edwards

Hello,

The only other change I've discussed was to clarify (and probably remove entirely) that business about changing the Conflict Type during the conflict, if the pace was Exchange-by-exchange or Blow-by-blow. In play, I've found that keeping the Conflict Type the same throughout is both more fun and easier.

I also think the trollbabe-on-trollbabe conflict seems some refining, but that's more a matter of elegance than having observed any problems during play.

Best,
Ron

jburneko

Thanks.  That's some food for thought.

Jesse