News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Roleplaying Blues

Started by Jacob, August 23, 2005, 09:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry L.

Jacob,

Keep in mind you could ask Player 3 if she can think of a guest she'd like to invite who might like to try role-playing.

What sorts of changes did you make from straight Trollbabe, by the way? You say "Trollbabe system."

Jacob

I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain that, I've seen Ron shake his fist at people playing Trollbabe without actually playing Trollbabes :)

I re-skinned the characters. I had to. I'd be laughed out of the group if I had tried to suggest to 'the guys' that they play big buxom women with horns. Player 3 wouldn't have minded, but she was already SO excited about her character, I couldn't take that away from her.

The theme is still sorta the same. Instead of Trollbabes, 'the guys' are Heroes in the Greek Mythology sense. Hercules, Jason and Achilles caliber heroes. They aren't trolls, they aren't babes, but they are larger than life figures who destabilize the status quo.

Player 3 created an outstanding character who is sort of like a Dali Lama stuck in a pseudo Greco-Roman setting. She's both the re-incarnation of a dead goddess, and the consort of the father-god. We've woven a complex and compelling back-story and concept for the character full of intrigue, incest, murder, betrayal, and the innocence of a child merged with the arrogance of a true religious fanatic.

If the game goes well, I'm going to try and suggest a 'real' trollbabe game. I really like the premise, but with this group, it's probably not going to happen.

As for the idea of suggesting player 3 invite some of her friends, that's unlikely. I know most of them, they aren't that open to geek lifestyle, or even aware that Player 3 is involved in it. (I can just see it now though. Game full of Player 3 and her friends. Angry mob wielding pitchforks outside my apartment, "Get him! He's stealing all teh womans!")