News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Donjon] IRC, second session, part 1 [long]

Started by JamesDJIII, August 25, 2005, 12:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Mike D. on August 26, 2005, 08:56:29 AM
Quote from: Christopher Weeks on August 26, 2005, 08:29:16 AM
(And now, I'm trying to remember what happens if you tie all the dice out on one side...my gut says that the person with the higher number of dice wins with all victories.)

Clinton, did I misread the rules about all dice tying? I was under the impression that you added a die to each dice pool and compared successes, the below is from the rulebook:

If by chance, all dice are tied, both people add an additional die to their pool, and compare successes. If by far chance, this results in another tie, repeat until there is a clear winner.

Oh, ok. That works. I apparently don't know my own rules.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Christopher Weeks

D'oh!  The answer was right after the part I quoted.  Thanks.

Larry L.

Now here's the real problem with playing Donjon on IRC: Half the fun of the game is tossing down fistfuls of d20s. For some reason, the dice resolution mechanic is just way too much monkey fun. Funner than the very similar Sorcerer, for some reason.

Dicebot? Pshaw! No Seek-grab-sort-compare to speak of.

JamesDJIII

Any problems with associated with Donjon via IRC are, in my case, completely eclipsed by the problems of coordinating face-to-face play with willing participants.

greyorm

Quote from: JamesDJIII on August 26, 2005, 06:15:06 AMIf this isn't a point we disagree on then ... then.. all is fine. Is there any confusion on this mechanic, by me or Raven?

Ahhhh...took me a few reading to grok the differences in what was being said, but I think I've got it now. Makes sense. You don't compare and toss out pairs of dice, you find highest (opposition) and count total number (self) higher than to determine number of victories.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio