News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Phantasm Game Conference 2005 Indie Games

Started by epweissengruber, August 12, 2005, 09:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epweissengruber

Phantasm Game Conference 2005 Indie Games

Phantasm is held September 24h & 25th, 2005
Saturday 10:00 AM - 12:00 Midnight
Sunday 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Market Hall; 336 George Street, Peterborough (at Peterborough Square)

Cost for Phantasm is $5.00 per game session, or $25.00 for a Weekend Pass.

With Special Guest Ed Greenwood

Creator of "Forgotten Realms" and Best Selling Author

Here are the 4 Games I Will Be Running:

1.  Sorcerer
A sorcerer is confronted by identical women claiming to be his long-lost
wife, and both are pregnant.  Who is the demon and who is the tormented
victim of an enemy sorcerer?

Usual thing -- leave it to the 18+ crowd.

2.  Dogs in the Vineyard
Defenders of the faith take on heresy and murder and demonic influence
in a Wild West setting.

3.  HeroQuest
- I hope to bring a playtest of the generic version of the game --
QuestWorlds -- in an unusual fantasy setting.  I might do the fantastic
Russian setting Mythic Russia.  Or I might just do the standard
Gloranthan setting.

4. Donjon
- I want to run a classic Gygax dungeon crawl using the Donjon system.
In this game, character's success at die rolls allow them to decide what
encounters lie behind the locked dungeon doors.

http://roleplayers.meetup.com/261/

Andrew Cooper

What State/Country is this in?  Not trying to be dense but I don't know where Peterborough is.

Adam Dray

Apparently, Peterborough is in Ontario, Canada. Here's a link to Market Hall Performing Arts Centre.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

Adam Dray

Upon further research, Petersborough is about an hour and half northwest of Toronto.

Google Maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=PO+Box+282,+336+George+Street+North,+Peterborough,+Ontario+K9J6Y8&ll=44.302603,-78.319654&spn=6.996030,14.987549&num=1&start=0&hl=en

(The markup tags hated the = in the url parameters, so I couldn't link it.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

epweissengruber

Yep, sorry I didn't put "CANADA" next to the con announcement.

But I know a few Forgeites in Ontario, and was hoping they would see the announcement here.

epweissengruber

1. Sorcerer -- "What Rough Beast?"
What rough beast, its, hour come at last, is slouching towards its home to be born?  In this scenario, players take the role of victims of a sorcerous experiment gone wrong.  A university professor, his wife, a demon, and the professor's fetal offspring are survivors of the experiment who reunite for the first time after the disaster, and attempt to settle scores.  What shape will the "family" take after all dust has settled?   Sorcerer is Ron Edwards' groundbreaking narrative-focused indie RPG.  Player limit: 4.  Explicit sexuality and violence, limited to participants 18+.

2.  Dogs in the Vineyard -- "The Patriarch of Colorado City"
In DitV players take the role of young, idealistic, divinely-empowered guardians of The Faith, a Christian sect establishing itself in the Wild West.  In this scenario, the players have to confront a church Steward who is bending Faith's rules of polygamy and creating a schismatic church.  The characters must heal the breach in the community before demons and non-believers begin to prey on the divided Faithful.  Innovative mechanics make DitV a tense and exciting exploration of how far characters will go to protect their beliefs.  Player limit: 4.

3.  Heroquest -- "The Well of Souls"
"There is no god but the Invisible God, and Malkion is his Prophet!"  So runs the credo of the pious, chivalric knights of Glorantha's West.  But ever since the lands of the west have become cut off from one another by the impassable walls of the magical Syndic's Ban, people have been turning to ancient pagan powers to give them strength to face up to the challenges of their newly impoverished and restricted lives.  In one kingdom, just such a source of power is the focus of a struggle between heirs to a throne.  In this scenario players take the roles of aristocrats in a kingdom threatened by intrigue and by dreadful malign magic.  Player limit: 6.

4.  Donjon -- "The Slave Pits of the Undercity/Remixed"
The "Slave Lords" series was an influential series of D&D dungeon crawls that established the style tournament play still in effect today. In it, players take the role of soldiers of fortune on a mission to redeem enslaved persons from the clutches of orcs, ant men, and devious humans.  Journey through these RPG classics using Donjon, a rules-lite RPG that recaptures the excitement of early RPGs by giving players a chance to shape a dungeon as it unfolds.  Successful play allows players to dictate the nature of the threats that lie behind locked doors or in murky forests.  Player limit: 6.